• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

Hello,

Can anyone help me to understand "BRC GLOBAL STANDARD PACKAGING AND PACKAGING MATERIALS ISSUE 5 Clause 6.1.4" please? I am trying to figure out "duration of the training" on training records. Does that mean when the training starts and finishes or total time like 30 mins or so?

Thanks for advance,

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 252 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:31 AM

IMO, you can write date and time (from when to when) onto the record for more details if the training is within a day. If the training lasts a couple days, the number of total hours makes more sense. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:36 AM

Hello,

Can anyone help me to understand "BRC GLOBAL STANDARD PACKAGING AND PACKAGING MATERIALS ISSUE 5 Clause 6.1.4" please? I am trying to figure out "duration of the training" on training records. Does that mean when the training starts and finishes or total time like 30 mins or so?

Thanks for advance,

Both of these would convey the same information, but no, you don't specifically need to record start/end times - just the total duration as minutes/hours etc.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

Hi vrosev,

The requirements of 6.1.4 are:
Records of training shall be available. These shall include:
• the name of the trainee and confirmation of attendance
• the date and duration of the training
• the title or course contents, as appropriate
• the training provider (external or internal provider).

As pHruit has posted the duration of the training means the length of the training so minutes/hours/days, so there is no requirement to record start and end of training but I would record the start (& ongoing training) if this training is taking place over an extended period of time.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC, BRC ISSUE 5, BRC TRAINING;, BRC ISSUE 5 TRAINING

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users