• Quick Navigation
Photo

According to BRC Issue 8 what should environmental monitoring include?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:53 AM

Good  morning,

someone  can  explain me:    If    the environmental monitoring plan according to BRC 8 it concerns the raw materials, or the finished products, or the work environment, or the members of the staff or all that?

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:30 AM

Hi Mouradtalbi,

Environmental monitoring as per BRC is concerned with the "work environment". The interpretation guide for section 4.11.8 reads:

The aim of the environmental monitoring programme is to identify any potential risks in the production and open-product areas so that they can be appropriately managed and prevented from becoming the source of product contamination (which could lead to non-conforming product, a customer complaint or other incidents)."

Your requirements including sampling frequency and target pathogens will depend on your product and process so a risk assessment will be necessary.

Have a read of clauses 4.11.8.1, 4.11.8.2 and 4.11.8.3 on pages 37 and 38 of the standard.

I'd highly recommend getting the BRC Food Safety v.8 Interpretation Guide if you don't already have one, it has a lot of handy information and guidance on the standard and the requirements. Environmental monitoring is detailed on pages 115-116 of the guidance book. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:47 PM

Hi Mouradtalbi,

Environmental monitoring as per BRC is concerned with the "work environment". The interpretation guide for section 4.11.8 reads:

The aim of the environmental monitoring programme is to identify any potential risks in the production and open-product areas so that they can be appropriately managed and prevented from becoming the source of product contamination (which could lead to non-conforming product, a customer complaint or other incidents)."

Your requirements including sampling frequency and target pathogens will depend on your product and process so a risk assessment will be necessary.

Have a read of clauses 4.11.8.1, 4.11.8.2 and 4.11.8.3 on pages 37 and 38 of the standard.

I'd highly recommend getting the BRC Food Safety v.8 Interpretation Guide if you don't already have one, it has a lot of handy information and guidance on the standard and the requirements. Environmental monitoring is detailed on pages 115-116 of the guidance book. 

Thank you

Where can I find or download the BRC Food Safety v.8 interpretation guide?

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

Thank you

Where can I find or download the BRC Food Safety v.8 interpretation guide?

The Interpretation Guide is available on the BRC bookshop site, linked below, for £125. There is no free version I'm aware of, however I'd say it is well worth the investment if you are implementing/maintaining the standard.

https://www.brcgsboo...line/c-24/p-459

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users