• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

Hello !

I am in the middle of creating our severity matrix. I was able to find an example on the forums and have been trying to find the number that would work with each hazards. I am having a bit of an issue trying to figure out what would be the consequence for each of them or the probability frequency. If I look at our history, anything not physical never happened in the 10+ years I have been working in QC/QA. 

All of our hazards are taken care of by our programs, so we do not have any CCPs. I've been trying to find information online on a guideline of how to figure it out, but I've came out empty...

Anyone have a quick guideline that would help me fill it out ? :)

Thank you !

Julie

I've attached the template that I am using for the Consequence / Probability chart.

Attached Files

LostMyMind

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 91 posts
  • 60 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

The HACCP risk matrices that I've seen are all over the place in terms of the numbering logic they use.

First, I would first make sure that you don't have to align to a specific logic for your HACCP analysis for an audit scheme or regulatory body.  Assume not, but better to make sure before you do a bunch of work. 

If not, then from what I've seen, it's whatever you elect to use, as long as, you can justify the underlying logic.  Within that, the numbering scheme itself is, as far as I can tell, is arbitrary.  You just have to take "action" based upon your rating within whatever scale you've created.  A five by five risk matrix (like you have) seems to be the most common, although I've also seen 3x3 and 4x4 templates used.  I personally make green items a lower numeric value than yellow and red, but the logic works either way.  I've seen people not use numbers at all, just colors.

As long as you are solid on your logic, the math logic is up to you.

Anyway, hope this helps....

Good luck,

Todd 

Edited by tsebring, 07 May 2019 - 02:34 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Agrumeambu

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

Good morning Todd,

Thank you for your insight !

I thought that we had to follow a certain logic. I know for hazards I have access to the CFIA database, I found it a bit harder to figure it out for the math. But I'll do it with logic.

Thank you again :)

Duane Pecci

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Here is a simple risk matrix you can use.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:56 AM

Here is a simple risk matrix you can use.

Where ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users