• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

Hii 

We are manufacturing fondant using additive ,colour,starch,sugar,glucose syrup, water, thickener and solvent.There is no  heating and no ph nothing is happening to control the spoilage.  After using decision trees and hazard analysis. I have found two CCPs .One is addition of additive and second is addition of water.

No idea  whether am on right track or not. Secondly am looking for the validation don't have any material to validate it. Can some one help me in this regard.

Moreover auditor asking whether I have validated microbiology kill step.So what I should answer to this.

What is Reportable Food Registry and its requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Have a good day!!!!

Regards

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:15 PM

Why is addition of water CCP? Is this a lethality step? CCP is a point in the process to prevent, eliminate, reduce the hazard to an acceptable level.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Thanked by 1 Member:

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

I recommend someone take a HACCP course. Some audits require someone to be certified in HACCP in the facility. If you are also using any machines you may want to think about using a metal detector or magnets to prevent any physical hazards. 

The HACCP course will help with validation and verifying that the system works.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:23 PM

Oh dang, I always like Fondant! Now that I know what goes in it, I don't want it anymore - what is the solvent?

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:28 AM

Hi Charu,

It sounds like you are not completely on the right track to me, and I agree with #3 a training course in HACCP would probably be worthwhile especially if you're responsible for your site's HACCP system creation and/or maintenance. Or at the very least read up on it, there are plenty of resourses for basic HACCP understanding, and below webinars may assist:

https://www.ifsqn.co...+haccp +webinar

https://www.ifsqn.co...+haccp +webinar

Thanked by 1 Member:

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:34 AM

Hii,

Thanks everyone for the reply.

A very small amount of water is added to it. My point is water has to be added as per the formulation, because if it exceeds the formula it will increase the moisture content of the product and hence microbial activity leading to spoilage.

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:38 AM

I recommend someone take a HACCP course. Some audits require someone to be certified in HACCP in the facility. If you are also using any machines you may want to think about using a metal detector or magnets to prevent any physical hazards. 

The HACCP course will help with validation and verifying that the system works.

The company is not using metal detector. I have already asked management to purchase it. So I have to manage without it.Once there will be audit , management will realize its necessity.

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

Why is addition of water CCP? Is this a lethality step? CCP is a point in the process to prevent, eliminate, reduce the hazard to an acceptable level.

Hii,

A very small amount of water is added to it. My point is water has to be added as per the formulation, because if it exceeds the formula it will increase the moisture content of the product and hence microbial activity leading to spoilage.

Addition of additive is a CCP. But am confused for the step of addition of water.We don't have x ray machines and metal detector.

Regards,

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:34 AM

The company is not using metal detector. I have already asked management to purchase it. So I have to manage without it.Once there will be audit , management will realize its necessity.

The determination of a necessary CCP will depend on the process, hazards and controls; you can't simply require metal detection as a CCP once management has agreed to purchase a detector.

Thanked by 1 Member:

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

The determination of a necessary CCP will depend on the process, hazards and controls; you can't simply require metal detection as a CCP once management has agreed to purchase a d

Definitely ccp depends on the process ,hazards and controls. Metal detector is a requirement for us to check the finished products for metallic contamination.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users