• Quick Navigation
Photo

Labelling for drink samples containing a supplement?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

supplement123

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

My small company is planning on attending a local event and we would like to hand out free samples of a drink mix containing fresh fruit powders and a nutritional supplement. These small sample packages will be used solely to advertise the supplement in them and will never be sold as a full product and are not for resale. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there any specific label requirements for test/ sample products? Also, are there any FDA or USDA regulations to abide by when handing out free samples? 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

I've seen a couple of clients do this and all of them labeled the sample pack as they would the normal package with of course changes, etc as to content weight, size, etc.  And a disclaimer added by all is NOT FOR RETAIL SALE - SAMPLE ONLY.  The issue is the person can walk away from the hand-out and what happens if there is an ingredient that causes an issue etc.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

supplement123

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

I've seen a couple of clients do this and all of them labeled the sample pack as they would the normal package with of course changes, etc as to content weight, size, etc.  And a disclaimer added by all is NOT FOR RETAIL SALE - SAMPLE ONLY.  The issue is the person can walk away from the hand-out and what happens if there is an ingredient that causes an issue etc.

I appreciate that information, thanks for your input!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users