• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hello,

at the moment i am working on a project and wated to ask if someone could advise me on the benefits of UKAS accreditation on the testing

does this means that we can stop/reduce the amount of external testing duo to us carrying out the same level testings?

Does this allow as to do the positive release without involment of external labs?

can someone give me some more info PLEASE!!

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

This is broadly the same as any food safety or quality system - some benefits are internal (knowing you're doing things right for your own purposes) and some are external (being able to demonstrate to others that you're doing things right).

If you have internal methods that are within the scope of your UKAS accreditation then yes, I would not expect to need to commission this same testing from external parties - you may still want to do some for verification purposes, but for routine analysis I couldn't really see the point of getting ISO17025 implement only to then use someone else's lab.

The UKAS approval schedule covers specific tests/methods only, so your accreditation will only apply to those tests detailed in your schedule - there may therefore be some types of analysis that you don't do regularly, and would rather no go through the bother of getting added to your own schedule.

If I had a decent sized lab then I'd definitely want to do the accreditation, but it is still relatively rare to come across manufacturers with UKAS for their own internal labs.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users