• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

Hello everyone,

my background is working in a food manufacturing plant (SQF level 2) producting non-ready to eat dough (bread etc.). I'm now trying to learn about sauce manufacture, some cold fill into sterile containers, considered acidified or acid foods. I'm trying to do this from an SQF standpoint, but all I can find is that this falls under FCS 18, but I don't see any additional requirements. I am very familiar with Module 11, but is there anything else I'm missing? This is a ready-to-eat product and is so different from what I am used to, it seems like there has to be something more specific to this type of food. SQF also states that "some high risk process knowledge" is required, are there any links or resources you might be able to point me to? 

I wanted to make sure I understand this type of manufacture and the risks involved and I am having a hard time finding information on the internet. Not looking to be an expert overnight, but I'd like to have some general knowledge. 

Thank you in advance!

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:49 PM

It's FSC 18 for Modules 2 & 11  -- that makes it easy.

You say some "cold"fill - is there any hot fill?

There are professional courses in Acidified, cold and hot fill that you may want to avail yourself of.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

ebb30

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

I double checked and it looks like cold fill only, no hot fill. I just want to make sure I don't miss something in the SQF code as I am trying to help with a very general gap analysis. 

Thank you!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sause, SQF FSC 18, manufacturing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users