Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Hello! The owner is jumping on the KETO train and we will be coming up with some keto nut mixes! Here's my question, is there anything I need to do about these claims? Saying something is Keto means its low in carbs, so I of course went through all the ingredients, put it in my database for nutritional and they are between 3-6g of carbs for one serving. 

And of course besides that, is there any one out there doing keto? I did it for about a couple of months and it went great. Is there any flavors you dream about? I told him I wanted flavor, didnt care what it was.

Now names, any fun keto nut names for mixes you can come up with? I have a few names possible but im sure someone can come up with something pretty great here. If now, what are some ways that you come of with names for new products. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

Hello! The owner is jumping on the KETO train and we will be coming up with some keto nut mixes! Here's my question, is there anything I need to do about these claims? Saying something is Keto means its low in carbs, so I of course went through all the ingredients, put it in my database for nutritional and they are between 3-6g of carbs for one serving. 

And of course besides that, is there any one out there doing keto? I did it for about a couple of months and it went great. Is there any flavors you dream about? I told him I wanted flavor, didnt care what it was.

Now names, any fun keto nut names for mixes you can come up with? I have a few names possible but im sure someone can come up with something pretty great here. If now, what are some ways that you come of with names for new products. 

Keto devotees just like vegans and those practicing a gluten-free lifestyle can put a new brand out of business or harm the brand tremendously if you don't follow a 0 net carb or very low net carb content and the product be in a classification as "clean keto."  Most companies that put out Keto friendly foods and choose not to get Keto certified are looking for problems, organic is best as well.

I've been on a clean-food Keto plan for about 4 months now, thus far down 55 pounds with about 80 to go.  This is not a diet but a lifestyle.  Saying something is Keto means it has healthy fat, protein, is either 0 net carbs or no more than 5 or so.  For the most part people that are on a clean-food keto program and there are lots of them do not eat snacks and no there are no flavors I dream about - what I dream about is getting to goal and being healthy.

I would look into Keto Certified and what is involved. As a Keto Consultant I suggest your tread carefully, there is growing anger with companies that come up with new products targeted to Keto that contain hidden and garbage ingredients and they are outted very quickly thru the networks, online keto forums, etc.

By the way, are your intended ingredients total carbs or net carbs - 6 is a LOT for a snack if net.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 05 June 2019 - 12:35 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

I had no clue there was a Keto certification! The flavors are salted, unsalted mixes along with 1 that has chili lime and mesquite. 

When I was doing it, I only allowed myself 20 grams of carbs, I worked a lot so I wasnt able to have normal means so I had snacks to help me power through 16 hours and 1 20 min lunch. (I no longer work like that and no longer with that company) anyways, all we are stating is that its keto friendly. Not Clean Keto. 

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

I started with strict keto, but went "lazy" keto after 3 months and then combined it with Intermittent fasting, lost about 40lbs and still continuing eating keto foods but i allow myself for indulgence every once in a while.

Honestly, I've read so much about it, but what works for one, may not work for the other. There are so many types of keto - there's strict, lazy and dirty keto. And they all follow different route in terms of net carbs and ingredients.

For me, 3-6g of carbs is reasonable because it fits my carbs for the day. Honestly, flavour wise - there's nothing i'm really missing because keto foods are almost your regular foods minus the carbs heavy stuff and the sugars.

The only thing is... because I'm in Canada, there's still very limited keto choices here and they are over the top expensive. Over the past few months, keto bakeries started sprouting like mushrooms, again still expensive! The unbun keto buns are sold for $12 for 4pcs, absurd!

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users