• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

Hi

Can anyone share the list of mandatory procedures, records and other documents required for BRC issue 8. A consolidated list would be helpful.

Thanks

Regards

Roshni

"Everyone is responsible for food safety"

MOURADTALBI

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 83 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Tunisia
    Tunisia
  • Interests:My main interests are: football, pool, cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport.
    I love organic food
    Food Safety & Quality News

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:39 AM

Hi

Can anyone share the list of mandatory procedures, records and other documents required for BRC issue 8. A consolidated list would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi, these are the documents required for  BRC 8.

Attached File  BRC-Food-Issue8-document-list.xlsx   19.86KB   589 downloads

Thanked by 4 Members:

LSB

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

Process you are involved in? HACCP? USDA? FDA?

BRC Issue 8 has over 300 clauses that would be considered mandatory if you want to reach certification status. 

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

Are you wanting a condensed list of the requirements to comply with the BRC Food Safety issue 8 standard? :uhm:

The BRC standard itself is a pretty good consolidated list of their procedures & requirements etc. I don't think a more condensed list would not cover the requirements sufficiently. Actually I'd highly recommend getting a copy of the Interpretation Guidelines (£125 from BRC bookshop) which offer more guidance into each clause, and even then there is some potential for misinterpretation.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but could you give some background info ... are you a manufacturer looking to get BRC accredited?

Thanked by 1 Member:

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:45 PM

Interpretation guidelines are free if you are a member of BRC Participate

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Hi

Thanks

Just search the Standard for "Procedure"

=143 hits on my PC.

If they all relate to yr Product/Process, you will know the (mandatory) answer.

Similarly "document" = 145 hits

"Others" is rather more  problematic. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Roshni

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

Process you are involved in? HACCP? USDA? FDA?

BRC Issue 8 has over 300 clauses that would be considered mandatory if you want to reach certification status.Processing of dry fruits

Processing of dry fruits.HACCP

Regards

Roshni

Roshni

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:36 PM

Are you wanting a condensed list of the requirements to comply with the BRC Food Safety issue 8 standard? :uhm:

The BRC standard itself is a pretty good consolidated list of their procedures & requirements etc. I don't think a more condensed list would not cover the requirements sufficiently. Actually I'd highly recommend getting a copy of the Interpretation Guidelines (£125 from BRC bookshop) which offer more guidance into each clause, and even then there is some potential for misinterpretation.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but could you give some background info ... are you a manufacturer looking to get BRC accredited?

Thanks ..BRC standard is quite informative but was looking for some consolidated list.

Regards

Roshni

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

I would go through the BRC standard and every clause that states procedure you will require one for you facility.  To make things easier I created a cheat sheet and every clause I identified the relevant evidence to meet the requirement.  Seems to really help and makes it all run quite smoothly.

Edited by Jim E., 11 June 2019 - 09:20 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Roshni

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:47 AM

I would go through the BRC standard and every clause that states procedure you will require one for you facility.  To make things easier I created a cheat sheet and every clause I identified the relevant evidence to meet the requirement.  Seems to really help and makes it all run quite smoothly.

Thanks Jim, can you share the same ?..cheers

Regards

Roshni

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

Unfortunately I tried and our companies security administrator would not allow me to paste a sample.

Liliana Moreno

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 12 August 2020 - 11:23 PM

Hello, I am working on develop the documents and create that list, I would like to ask you In case of the Clause 4.7, which is audited on plant what kind of documentation you place on plant as evidence that you meet the requirement?. Some of the clauses are in orange and how the documentation is checked in that case? 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:56 AM

Hello, I am working on develop the documents and create that list, I would like to ask you In case of the Clause 4.7, which is audited on plant what kind of documentation you place on plant as evidence that you meet the requirement?. Some of the clauses are in orange and how the documentation is checked in that case? 

IMEX this is one of those clauses that sits in an odd place and really should have been coloured orange/green, rather than just orange. Never had a problem maintaining a separate checklist/schedule that lives in the production office, provided that all of the items on it can readily be identified as relating to a piece of equipment and vice-versa. In practice I've found that auditors will make a note of a few bits of equipment during the site tour, and then ask to see maintenance records for those at the relevant stage.

Moanaorchard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:27 AM

You need a documented schedule of planned maintenance or a condition monitoring system which includes all plant and processing equipment.  Also document any temporary repairs, which shows they are or will be permanently repaired as soon as practicable.  You also need a documented hygiene clearance procedure.  We have a maintenance book for all plant and equipment which is completed by maintenance person when he does a repair or maintenance and he also records that it has a hygiene clearance (i.e. cleaning carried out before restart) And finally a cleaning register/schedule to show workshops are being cleaned

Vaibhav Bavage

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 May 2021 - 05:56 PM

Can anyone have document templates for BRC Issue 8

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 10 May 2021 - 05:58 PM

Can anyone have document templates for BRC Issue 8

Full manual template available from IFSQN here: https://www.ifsqn.co...ategory/11-brc/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users