• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Hi all,

I am currently looking through software that can be used on site for our internal audits (GMPs, Internal audits, Hygiene audits, etc.).  Currently I am looking into iAuditor, GoAudits and QPulse. 

Just wanted to see what software is being used by others and any recommendations.  As I said above I'm looking for auditing software with the following as preferences - able to import audits from current system (Excel spreadsheets); able to track non-conformances (closed and open); able to be used on tablet; able to schedule audits; audit report version control.  Any other things would be added extras!

Open to QMS software that includes auditing as part of it.

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

Hi all,

I am currently looking through software that can be used on site for our internal audits (GMPs, Internal audits, Hygiene audits, etc.).  Currently I am looking into iAuditor, GoAudits and QPulse. 

Just wanted to see what software is being used by others and any recommendations.  As I said above I'm looking for auditing software with the following as preferences - able to import audits from current system (Excel spreadsheets); able to track non-conformances (closed and open); able to be used on tablet; able to schedule audits; audit report version control.  Any other things would be added extras!

Open to QMS software that includes auditing as part of it.

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

You might like to investigate products from one of the Forum sponsors Safefood360 (see sub-Forum in main menu)

I think some of the products you refer in OP have been previously discussed on this Forum. Maybe search a bit.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SamBat

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

Hi Charles,

I did have a quick search before posting, but discovered the search functions is not the best.  I didn't find any recent (within last 3 months) posts regarding auditing software.  I did find some posts related to the software I have looked at so far, but wanted peoples opinions on anything new out there and also the software in use.

Possibly you could link to some relevant information?

Thanks,

Sam.

Sweet'n'low

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 105 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:28 PM

I never even knew the software existed. Time for me to do some digging and present it to my SQF team. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:46 PM

Hi Charles,

I did have a quick search before posting, but discovered the search functions is not the best.  I didn't find any recent (within last 3 months) posts regarding auditing software.  I did find some posts related to the software I have looked at so far, but wanted peoples opinions on anything new out there and also the software in use.

Possibly you could link to some relevant information?

Thanks,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Perhaps yr 3-month scope is a little restrictive.

Try this page -

https://www.ifsqn.co...earch_in=forums

I entered "qpulse", clicked "posts", seach and > 22 hits but admittedly nothing new in last 3 months. (or last 20 months in fact).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

iAudits has their act together - good for all industries.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

TAW

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

We use iAuditor here at my company.  It is very useful for internal audits.  You can attach pictures to certain items and personalize the audit to your facility.  The iAuditor chat service is very helpful and prompt as well.

Sweet'n'low

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 105 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:21 PM

We use iAuditor here at my company.  It is very useful for internal audits.  You can attach pictures to certain items and personalize the audit to your facility.  The iAuditor chat service is very helpful and prompt as well.

Hey TAW, 

Do you think you could provide a ballpark figure on how much the software costs? I could imagine that it's different for each individual, but a figure I could work with might allow me to present it to upper management. 

Thanks.

TAW

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:57 PM

The free version is not terrible but I'd go for the expanded option if you're looking for charts and things.  The price for that is $144 per user a year.    

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

I'm in the process of changing our audits over from Word/manual to software from Zetasafe. Audits can be conducted using an iPad type device and there are some handy things so far; the device can take photos and attach to a non-conformances. Non-conformances are uploaded to the portal and can be actioned by production/maintenance then closed off by the auditor. There is no need for a manual write up which will save time post-audit but I'm still a bit skeptical of time efficiency during the audit itself; I find writing a non-conformance on paper much quicker than selecting the desired locations and assets within the device and typing them in. I'm also aware that whilst I'm standing trying to enter a non-conformance on the device, it will give the production guys more time to scurry around and cover up non-comformances!

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 252 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:18 AM

The financial field has gone much further in applying information technology to auditing. Talking to one of big four of audit firms (who audits my company), they have been building up a huge information system so that their auditors can work anywhere with laptops and follow risk-based sampling schemes to do inspection. The CAATs:

https://en.wikipedia...ded_audit_tools

can be either purchased or programmed by an internal IT team/department.

Just FYI!

SamBat

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:22 AM

Hi Sam,

Perhaps yr 3-month scope is a little restrictive.

Try this page -

https://www.ifsqn.co...earch_in=forums

I entered "qpulse", clicked "posts", seach and > 22 hits but admittedly nothing new in last 3 months. (or last 20 months in fact).

Aaaaah, I was using the Search box in the top right of the page (Google) :oops2: , which is why it was so horrible to use.  Thank you, now I can search without Ads!

Is this linked anywhere on the main forum page?  I can't find it, but as already proved that mean nothing!  If not, would be good to have it as a main link at the top of the forum.

Only reason I went for last 3 months is because tech and software can change / release so quickly I wanted it to be as up to date as possible.

Thanks again!

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:39 AM

Is this linked anywhere on the main forum page?  I can't find it, but as already proved that mean nothing!  If not, would be good to have it as a main link at the top of the forum.

Hi Sam,

If you use the search bar at the top right you can click on "Google" which will open a drop down of options of where you want to search within i.e. ""Forums" / "Blogs" etc. For an advanced search click the small cog icon to the right of the magnifying glass.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SamBat

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

Hi Sam,

If you use the search bar at the top right you can click on "Google" which will open a drop down of options of where you want to search within i.e. ""Forums" / "Blogs" etc. For an advanced search click the small cog icon to the right of the magnifying glass.

Perfect.  Thank you!

meistroM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:57 PM

We use firstaudit for our industry, you have the possibility to use actions, even for deficiency management.

Its even more userfriendly than goaudits

Edited by meistroM, 07 October 2022 - 01:59 PM.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Auditing, Software, Quality Management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users