Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:51 AM

Does anyone have experience with starting up the procedures for the initial audit for IFS Food?

Our company is both IFS/BRC Food certified, for more than 15 years. We will split some of our activities and start up a new company (new name, new location at 200 m from the first company). It seems that for the activities that we will have there, our clients agreed to be only IFS certified, so we will only go for that certification. But is there a minimum time that the company must exist on that location or must have records (cleaning, pest control, label check, etc.), before we can apply for an initial audit? First we must do an internal audit, so we also need some records for that. But it is not that we need a consultancy company to make a handbook for us (and then change and update procedures and forms because they don't match with the reality), we will just take the one from our already certified company and delete all the extras from BRC. This also means that having a handbook with procedures and forms will not take us too long. 

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

The certification bodies normally ask for at least 3  months of record specific to the location for which certification is  sorted out. Therefore it is important to start that record keeping should start as soon as production parameters become stable and repeatable.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

Min 3 month look back is normal. 6 months however is a bit more likely.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: initial audit;, IFS Food

0 user(s) are reading this topic