• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:23 PM

Hello,

Working on adding MAP as a step to my HACCP plan. We are a producer of RTE sandwiches, refrigerated, not shelf stable. I keep seeing different things that should be included in the Hazard Analysis / HACCP Plan, but not really sure where to start. I work for a small company, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

Do you have a process flow diragram? (I am assuming you already do), did you decide where MAP process will be added? Have you identified the hazards associated with this process? 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

tki_court

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

I do have a process flow diagram, I am going to have MAP as an option in the packaging step. We are a very small plant, so putting it as an option in a HACCP plan is the easiest and most logical thing for us to do at this point. 

I know that for RTE foods my two biggest concerns are going to be C. bot and Lm growing in a reduced oxygen atmosphere. The problem I'm having is I'm unable to find scientific research, a paper, data, etc. that says if the food is produced in this temperature, with this mix of gasses it is not reasonably likely for C.bot or Lm to have outgrowth. I posted on here in hopes someone could point me in the right direction to use for my Verification. Any suggestions?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users