• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

Dear Sir,

According to BRC V8 requirement number 9 requirements for traded products.

Do i have to wright the procedure with details of this section.

And we have some trade product activity but not manufacture by own.

If you have some information please advice me.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Saravudh

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:19 AM

If you have traded products that will fall within the scope of the audit then yes, you will need some system in place to show that these are handled in accordance with the requirements of 9.1/9.2/9.3.

You may not necessarily need additional procedures though. We do not do the traded goods module with our BRC Food audit as we have separate BRC Agents & Brokers certification - this has broadly similar requirements. We've found that for most of these it is entirely possible to encompass them within the main procedures used for BRC Food, so for example 9.1 may already all within your existing supplier approval system, or you may be able to make small modifications to it to include these within it.

Thanked by 1 Member:

aab93

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

If you have traded products that will fall within the scope of the audit then yes, you will need some system in place to show that these are handled in accordance with the requirements of 9.1/9.2/9.3.

You may not necessarily need additional procedures though. We do not do the traded goods module with our BRC Food audit as we have separate BRC Agents & Brokers certification - this has broadly similar requirements. We've found that for most of these it is entirely possible to encompass them within the main procedures used for BRC Food, so for example 9.1 may already all within your existing supplier approval system, or you may be able to make small modifications to it to include these within it.

Thank you for confirming this for me pHruit - I appreciate this take on Section 9 because it means that we don't have to reinvent the wheel; our company's Supplier Approval Program already includes the manufacturers of traded goods and we've already gone through the process of vetting them under this program and so now its just a matter of calling these out in the current supplier approval program (and is totally do-able may I add!).

Saravudh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:21 AM

Thank you pHruit for advice me.

So i will have to add supplier risk assessment for all of traded activity records.

in case of auditor need an evidence to take a look. :spoton:  :spoton:

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

Thank you pHruit for advice me.

So i will have to add supplier risk assessment for all of traded activity records.

in case of auditor need an evidence to take a look. :spoton:  :spoton:

Yes, you need to know for yourselves that you've covered it, but also worth making it very obvious for your auditor ;)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users