• Quick Navigation
Photo

Where to record that the HACCP Plan has been reviewed?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
- - - - -

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:32 AM

Dear all, 

May i know where to record that HACCP Plan had been reviewed? Can we mention in Management review? 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:27 AM

You can mention it in management review (HACCP is a topic that should probably be included there anyway?), but also why not just keep a set of minutes from the HACCP review?
We use a standard template for ours, and it's then signed and dated by the review attendees / HACCP team.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rosemary4

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

We do the same as pHruit, the flow diagram is signed by all the team and referenced in the HACCP meeting minutes. I have a standalone HACCP manual where I keep copies of agendas, minutes, signed process flows etc, etc.

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

In the same HACCP document, at the beginning you can state this plan has been reviewed on (date) by (team members). 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:42 PM

Cover it in HACCP Team meetings AND your Management review to demonstrate your management is aware of and involved with the plan.

jfeyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:45 PM

I do a HACCP plan review and annotate it in my minutes. I also update my HACCP plan yearly. I have it signed by the plant manager to show he reviewed it and is aware of any changes.

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:06 PM

My opinion:

The HACCP Team should be the group that is reviewing the entire HACCP Plan.  Your should keep minutes of the HACCP team meeting(s) of when the plan was reviewed:  who was present/absent, what was discussed, what change will be implemented, and any items that were tabled for future discussion.

Your management team will not want to review the entire HACCP Plan.  The minutes from the management review meeting(s) should show that the HACCP Plan was reviewed and either no changes or summarize the changes.

This way your auditor can see that your HACCP Team is reviewing the plan, and that your management team is reviewing the outcome of your entire food safety plan.

If get hit by a bus, who is going to remember that the HACCP review is only recorded in the management review?

jfeyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

I should have been more clear. when I said "I do a HACCP plan review and annotate it in my minutes". I meant, during our HACCP meeting we go over the plan as a team and determine if changes are needed. I then present the plan to the plant manager and let him know if there will be changes. My team consist of 2 top management members, 2 production managers and 6 employees from different departments.

•  
  • IFSQN Active
  • active.png
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United%20States.gif

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:13 AM

You can mention it in management review (HACCP is a topic that should probably be included there anyway?), but also why not just keep a set of minutes from the HACCP review?
We use a standard template for ours, and it's then signed and dated by the review attendees / HACCP team.

dear pHfurit, 

Do you mind share with me a standard template for HACCP plan review? Thanks in advance 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:10 AM

Dear all, 

May i know where to record that HACCP Plan had been reviewed? Can we mention in Management review? 

Hi Carine,

"haccp review" is typically within "haccp Verification" whch is Principle 6 of Codex HACCP Structure , eg -

11.  Establish verification procedures
(see Principle 6)
Establish procedures for verification. Verification and auditing methods, procedures and tests, including random sampling and analysis, can be used to determine if the HACCP system is working correctly. The frequency of verification should be sufficient to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively.
Verification should be carried out by someone other than the person who is responsible for  performing  the  monitoring  and  corrective  actions.  Where  certain  verification activities cannot be performed in-house, verification should be performed on behalf of the business by external experts or qualified third parties.

Examples of verification activities include:

review of the HACCP system and plan and its records;
review of deviations and product dispositions;
confirmation that CCPs are kept under control.

there is an example of a Verification Template (including "Haccp Review")  here -

https://www.ifsqn.co...are/#entry51729

Can see an example of the  implementation of haccp review within "Management Review" here  -

https://www.ifsqn.co...on/#entry109324

PS - an enlarged template which also covers selected PRPs et al is here -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ist/#entry87652

I personally use a sort of traditional Manual-based System, eg HACCP Manual, Procedures Manual, Prerequisites Manual. The Verification topics noted above (et al)  would together form one Chapter within the HACCP manual.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

dear pHfurit, 

Do you mind share with me a standard template for HACCP plan review? Thanks in advance 

I can't share the document itself (I don't own the rights to any of my work ;) ), but the topic headings are:

1) System performance:

CCPs

Out of specification results

Prerequisite program performance

Customer complaints

2) Products and formulation:

New / changed raw materials

New / changed finished product types

New customers / applications

3) Changes to processes and equipment (Including flow diagrams)

4) Regulatory developments

5) Scientific developments

6) Changes to HACCP team

7) Audit findings relating to HACCP

8) Any other business

jfeyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

Depending on what scheme (I am a SQF packaging plant so my requirements are a lot different then a food plant). The biggest and hardest part in my opinion is identifying all the risk associated with hazard analysis of raw materials and process steps.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

Depending on what scheme (I am a SQF packaging plant so my requirements are a lot different then a food plant). The biggest and hardest part in my opinion is identifying all the risk associated with hazard analysis of raw materials and process steps.

Yes, Thks, But sort of OT.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Jocelyn Legaspi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

Hi pHfruit

we reviewed our HACCP Plan annually and have minutes of the meeting which is acknowledge by all the team members attended the review

mahantesh.micro

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 88 thanks
Excellent

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food Safety Standards, Specification developments, Procedures
    Other interests are- cricket and indoor games

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

You can also include a HACCP Revision history page at the beginning where all the revisions are mentioned with date, revision number and date of revision etc.

Mahantesh

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:08 PM

In the FSPCA Participant Manual (Appendix 3, p 38) there is an example Food Safety Plan Reanalysis Report. It has a simple checklist which I shall lightly paraphrase:

Food Safety Team List

Scope (Products and Processes List)

Flow Diagrams

Hazard Analyses

Sanitation PC (Preventive Controls)

Allergens PCs

Process PCs

Supply-chain Mgmt PCs

Recall Plan

Then it has four columns: Date Reviewed + Initials of Reviewer | Update Needed Yes/No | Date Update Completed | Signature of Person Completing the Update

for each item in the checklist.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users