• Quick Navigation
Photo

How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Poll: GFSI Audit Nonconformities (732 member(s) have cast votes)

How many NC’s did you get at your last audit?

1. 0 (41 votes [5.60%])

Percentage of vote: 5.60%

2. 5 or less (418 votes [57.10%])

Percentage of vote: 57.10%

3. 6 to 10 (196 votes [26.78%])

Percentage of vote: 26.78%

4. More than 11 (77 votes [10.52%])

Percentage of vote: 10.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
* * * * - 2 votes

BostonCream

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 72 posts
  • 22 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:13 PM

SQF E8, 91% safety, all minors.

Some that I remember (may not be in the most recent audit):

- chemical spill kit was not placed in chemical room

- missing screw on conveyor belt

- washroom in warehouse only have 1 door and is therefore considered open to product

- no allergen assessment for lubricant oil

- food defense and crisis mgmt program were in place, but no chanllenge exercise for the year

- no trademark protection for disposed packaging material

Ones I'm still thinking about:

1) Missing a corner of glass lunch table in lunchroom. Auditor said our glass&brittle registry didn't include lunchroom and there was no monitoring for such a big piece of broken glass table. 

As a CA we changed it to a wood lunch table. I recently came to work for a new SQF certified company, and they don't consider lunchroom in the glass control program either. I still don't think this should be a concern. If we consider glass control in lunchroom, we'll need to revise sanitation program as well (which now only refers to production area).

On this forum I read someone from 2013 received 2 NCs in BRC audit, one for "no lunchroom glass registry", one for "no monitoring for lunchroom glass". Seems like BRC has changed now, but for SQF we got this NC in 2017 edition 7.2.

2) Forklift sanitary control - how to monitor cross contamination for forklifts driving in and out of loading truck, warehouse and production area?

Edited by yiyi, 18 September 2019 - 08:23 PM.

Gita

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

hi all, 

We have 8 companies that are BRC packaging accredited.

4 achieved AA

2 achieved A

and 2 are pending audits next week

burilini55

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

FSSC 22000-0 non-conformities

Pip7474

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:50 AM

SQF 8.0 FS & Q, we received 12 minor CARs. I am currently trying to provide the corrective evidence, D day is 4.10.19. This was our second re-certification audit and we elected to have it unannounced.

2.1.2.9 raised against site management as a CAR from previous audit was not effectively addressed

2.2.3.1 no evidence of verification that a CCP is monitored

2.3.4.3 no contract with a contract manufacturer - now this is a tricky one, the manufacturer is refusing to sign the contract as they don't label the product. They also have SQF so it will be interesting what happens here!

2.4.3.13 no evidence of monitoring of the same CCP as above

2.4.8.1 no risk assessment re environmental monitoring

11.2.2.1 pitting and damage to concrete floors

11.2.5.1 conduit clamped directly to ceiling

11.2.5.1 insufficient lighting in inspection area

11.2.10.8 temporary repairs - cable ties holding rails in place, wire holding a part of machinery stable

11.3.2.5 smokers waste out the front of the office and there is not a hand washing facility in the area

11.3.4.1 employee wearing an earring in the production area

11.3.9.3 hand washing basins in the toilets not designed as in 11.3.2.2

Q - 2.3.4.3 as above.

I can't imagine only having a few CARs, looking at others responses, I feel like I am definitely doing something wrong.

burilini55

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:28 PM

SQF E8, 91% safety, all minors.

Some that I remember (may not be in the most recent audit):

- chemical spill kit was not placed in chemical room

- missing screw on conveyor belt

- washroom in warehouse only have 1 door and is therefore considered open to product

- no allergen assessment for lubricant oil

- food defense and crisis mgmt program were in place, but no chanllenge exercise for the year

- no trademark protection for disposed packaging material

Ones I'm still thinking about:

1) Missing a corner of glass lunch table in lunchroom. Auditor said our glass&brittle registry didn't include lunchroom and there was no monitoring for such a big piece of broken glass table. 

As a CA we changed it to a wood lunch table. I recently came to work for a new SQF certified company, and they don't consider lunchroom in the glass control program either. I still don't think this should be a concern. If we consider glass control in lunchroom, we'll need to revise sanitation program as well (which now only refers to production area).

On this forum I read someone from 2013 received 2 NCs in BRC audit, one for "no lunchroom glass registry", one for "no monitoring for lunchroom glass". Seems like BRC has changed now, but for SQF we got this NC in 2017 edition 7.2.

2) Forklift sanitary control - how to monitor cross contamination for forklifts driving in and out of loading truck, warehouse and production area?

We had trouble with our "zone crossing" items as well, like the forklift.  We added swabbing into our EMP program, and a regular sanitation item once a week.  Everyone seems good with that.  They seem to trust that if your zones are ok, there is nothing to drag around.

whiteman

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:18 PM

SQF 8.0 Manufacturing  Safety and Quality 9 Minors in food safety, 0 in Quality!  Last year SQF 8.0 Safety and Quality.  1 minor in Food Safety and 0 in Quality.  Switched auditing companies for this year and they were very thorough. I have 3 more audit to attend. 

jkoratich712

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 99 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food, books, bakeries, coffee, HACCP, sanitation

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

SQF - Facility 1 - 2 minors

SQF - Facility 2 - 3 minors. 

ShaunD

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

BRC issue 8, AA+ 1 minor

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

BRC issue 8, AA+ 1 minor

Impressive! :clap:

fepuhe

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:15 AM

ISO 22000: 2018

0 NC

4 IMPROVEMENTS:

It is recommended that filling in the product finish stock data on the FIFO sheet is done daily and up to date, not only filling the amount of stock on the finished product warehouse blackboard.

It is recommended that the person in charge of pest control in the organization attend the pest control awareness training.

It is recommended to make an internal lot code for packaging material that does not have a lot code from the supplier.

It is recommended that lab analysts have taken the proficiency test to the proficiency test provider. Especially for microbiology test parameters.

BostonCream

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 72 posts
  • 22 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

We had a NC for the microbe lab technician lacking of proficiency test. Did your auditor mention which kind of proficiency test is preferred?

ISO 22000: 2018

0 NC

4 IMPROVEMENTS:

It is recommended that filling in the product finish stock data on the FIFO sheet is done daily and up to date, not only filling the amount of stock on the finished product warehouse blackboard.

It is recommended that the person in charge of pest control in the organization attend the pest control awareness training.

It is recommended to make an internal lot code for packaging material that does not have a lot code from the supplier.

It is recommended that lab analysts have taken the proficiency test to the proficiency test provider. Especially for microbiology test parameters.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,609 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

We had an unannounced SQF audit.

2.1.5.3                   Crisis Management (They were not satisfied with our most recent Continuity test)

11.2.10.10            Spray bottles in maintenance food grade/nonfood grade (Maintenance)

11.3.3.2                Smock hung up in the water pipe, near the break room door (Maintenance)

11.7.7.2                Documented Procedure for glass breakage regarding utensils and shoes

11.9.1.5                Procedure for disposing of trademarked packaging

Quality                  No documented procedure positive release for quality (disagreement on what constituted a positive release)

-Setanta         

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

We had an unannounced SQF audit.

2.1.5.3                   Crisis Management (They were not satisfied with our most recent Continuity test)

11.2.10.10            Spray bottles in maintenance food grade/nonfood grade (Maintenance)

11.3.3.2                Smock hung up in the water pipe, near the break room door (Maintenance)

11.7.7.2                Documented Procedure for glass breakage regarding utensils and shoes

11.9.1.5                Procedure for disposing of trademarked packaging

Quality                  No documented procedure positive release for quality (disagreement on what constituted a positive release)

I am assuming the last one for "Quality" is your product release procedure is incomplete and doesn't include the product quality? I remember I had one of those in the past. 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,609 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

I am assuming the last one for "Quality" is your product release procedure is incomplete and doesn't include the product quality? I remember I had one of those in the past. 

yes...there was much conversation about that. :rolleyes:

-Setanta         

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:00 PM

SQF 8.0 FS & Q, we received 12 minor CARs. I am currently trying to provide the corrective evidence, D day is 4.10.19. This was our second re-certification audit and we elected to have it unannounced.

2.1.2.9 raised against site management as a CAR from previous audit was not effectively addressed

2.2.3.1 no evidence of verification that a CCP is monitored

2.3.4.3 no contract with a contract manufacturer - now this is a tricky one, the manufacturer is refusing to sign the contract as they don't label the product. They also have SQF so it will be interesting what happens here!

2.4.3.13 no evidence of monitoring of the same CCP as above

2.4.8.1 no risk assessment re environmental monitoring

11.2.2.1 pitting and damage to concrete floors

11.2.5.1 conduit clamped directly to ceiling

11.2.5.1 insufficient lighting in inspection area

11.2.10.8 temporary repairs - cable ties holding rails in place, wire holding a part of machinery stable

11.3.2.5 smokers waste out the front of the office and there is not a hand washing facility in the area

11.3.4.1 employee wearing an earring in the production area

11.3.9.3 hand washing basins in the toilets not designed as in 11.3.2.2

Q - 2.3.4.3 as above.

I can't imagine only having a few CARs, looking at others responses, I feel like I am definitely doing something wrong.

I can't imagine your auditor likes your company very much.  From the cheap fixes around the place to Management not fixing things from last year, I am surprised you didn't get a few Majors, like no documented monitoring of a CCP?? Isn't that like, step one of having a CCP?

Pip7474

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:01 PM

the CCP document hasn't really changed in years, it didn't have a signature from me to say it had been reviewed and time monitoring of the actual CCP

AmeliaJacobs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

BRC Food 8 - A , 6 minors

I'll share 2 that have me head scratching:

1 - no "measurable culture plan" - I think I need to do more research and not rely on colleagues that want to do the minimum.

2 - cobwebs in the warehouses.  I've checked. Spiders are not pests. They were only in enclosed areas. In our area, spiders are the norm, not an aberration. I could clean them off every week and every week they would be back. None in process cells. Not even well fed, just some empty webbing in the corners. 

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

BRC Food 8 - A , 6 minors

I'll share 2 that have me head scratching:

1 - no "measurable culture plan" - I think I need to do more research and not rely on colleagues that want to do the minimum.

2 - cobwebs in the warehouses.  I've checked. Spiders are not pests. They were only in enclosed areas. In our area, spiders are the norm, not an aberration. I could clean them off every week and every week they would be back. None in process cells. Not even well fed, just some empty webbing in the corners. 

Cobwebs and Spiders may be the norm, but they still adulterate food.  If they come back every week, sorry, gotta clean everyday!

AmeliaJacobs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

how can they adulterate enclosed packaging? 

Cobwebs and Spiders may be the norm, but they still adulterate food.  If they come back every week, sorry, gotta clean everyday!

how can they adulterate enclosed packaging? because it's a warehouse. 

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

Amelia, out of curiosity under which clause did you get the cobwebs NC?

Ives101

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:35 AM

BRC AA 

wsaentes

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:41 AM

16 Audit finding and next stage 6 mounths by SGS

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

I got 6 for the recent SQF Food safety code for manufacturing ed. 8.1, unannounced cycle.

6 from last year announced audit, so i think we did good.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

gomez89

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Hi, Our facility had 8 NC. We are under Module 2 and 12 for storage and distribution.  :silly:

mukeshraikwar@live.com

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:54 AM

BRC ISSUE 8 2019 GRADE A

0 MAJOR 

5 MINOR

Edited by mukeshraikwar, 12 November 2019 - 09:57 AM.

MUKESH RAIKWAR 

QUALITY HEAD 

Vasant Masala Pvt. Ltd.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users