Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

How to implement an environmental monitoring program

Start Time: 16.24 PM London, 11.24 AM New York

Dr Kantha Channaiah, Director of Microbiology, AIB International

Microorganisms are generally introduced into the food processing environment through contaminated raw materials, pest, air, water, and employees. Hence, it is critical to monitor the hygienic environment in the food manufacturing facility for the production of high quality and safe finished food products. An environmental monitoring program (EMP) will assess the effectiveness of the overall hygienic practices in a facility and provide necessary information to prevent possible microbial contamination of food products. The EMP is designed to verify the cleaning and sanitizing frequencies, and all the programs of the GMPs. A well designed EMP of a food processing plant includes: 1. Collecting environmental samples from food contact and non-food contact surfaces, 2. Testing the collected environmental samples to identify the potential sources of contamination, 3. Initiate corrective actions to eradicate the potential harborage niches, and 4. monitoring. 

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users