• Quick Navigation
Photo

What does a training document under BRC issue 8 encompass?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
- - - - -

egonwie79

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

What does a training document under BRC issue 8 encompasses. Must it be signed by the individuals who attended the meeting or their names can just captured under  the attendance section on my meeting minute soft copy. Need help...………………………………….  

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

Hello,

Are you referring to a specific training record (i.e. staff member trained in procedure XX) or a meeting?

If it is a training record, have a look at clause 7.1.6, page 51 of the standard, or page 157 of the interpretation Guidelines if you have a copy (if not I'd strongly recommend it). The standard requires "the name of the trainee and confirmation of attendance", the easiest way to do that is have the trainee sign the record on completion of the  training.

My individual training records have boxes for the following information:

Emplyee name

Department

Date

Duration (how long the training lasts i.e. 30 mins)

Trained by

Training procedure & issue

Comments

Trainee signature

egonwie79

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hello,

Are you referring to a specific training record (i.e. staff member trained in procedure XX) or a meeting?

If it is a training record, have a look at clause 7.1.6, page 51 of the standard, or page 157 of the interpretation Guidelines if you have a copy (if not I'd strongly recommend it). The standard requires "the name of the trainee and confirmation of attendance", the easiest way to do that is have the trainee sign the record on completion of the  training.

My individual training records have boxes for the following information:

Emplyee name

Department

Date

Duration (how long the training lasts i.e. 30 mins)

Trained by

Training procedure & issue

Comments

Trainee signature

Sorry I am referring to meeting attendance record.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:21 PM

All topic, training, audit or meeting etc. we conduct have sign in sheets with: The topic / reason stated, Date, Time, Shift (if applicable), A line to print the attendees name and a signature line next to it with a notes section at the bottom.

LachelleOMP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

We just completed our BRC audit.  We received a minor for not stating the specific training material used (ex: procedure, policy, power point, video, etc).

crystalQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 10 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Traveling, Spanish + Mandarin + Korean language, Cosmetics, Nutrition.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:31 PM

We completed our BRC 8 audit a few months ago, we had an NC for:

- not stating the training material source AND attaching it to the training record

- time of meeting / how long it took

LachelleOMP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

We had our training material attached, just didn't have it spelled out on the training form.  There is a direct link on our training form as it states the name of the training and describes the training.  I am wanting to dispute this, anyone have any thoughts?

Chella2700

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

For meeting, it needs to have the names of people attended and minutes of the meeting recorded.

For Training, the following information needs to be present as minimum

Trainee name (Employee name) and signature

Trainer name and signature

Translator name and signature (If any translator used, then this needs to be completed if not you can leave the translator section blank)

Duration

Subjects covered- It can be procedure name/ number etc.

Hope this helps

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

We had our training material attached, just didn't have it spelled out on the training form.  There is a direct link on our training form as it states the name of the training and describes the training.  I am wanting to dispute this, anyone have any thoughts?

7.1.6 does specifically state that the following is one of the minimum requirements for training records:

For internal courses, a reference to the material, work instruction or procedure that is used in the training.

Are you saying that you had some descriptive detail but didn't have clear evidence in the training record of which e.g. procedure and version number was trained against? If so then I don't think there is any basis to challenge, as this is a fairly clear expectation in the Interpretation Guide.

LachelleOMP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

I had included a description of the training and named the training record the same as the training Doc, as well as had attached the training doc.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users