• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Brazil
    Brazil

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

Hi, 

I am going through the item 6.1 of ISO 22000:2018, and I´m having a hard time to understand about risk analysis as in this standard the HACCP on item 8 is a risk analysis itself. I am aware on the note that says that "the concept  of risks and opportunities is limited  to events and their consequenses relating to the performance and effectiveness of the FSMS."

I would like to know what are the general thoughts on this and if anyone has implemented it how it was done.

Kind Regards.

m.erzetti

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 25 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy
  • Interests:Consultant for ISO 9001; ISO 17025; ISO 22000; BRC & IFS. I worked at the University of Perugia in the CERB (Italian Brewing Research Centre) as Quality Manager (ISO 9001 - ISO 17025)

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

I think you should divide the two point. The first risk analysis is like the ISO 9001 about the organization - the steackholders - the outside of organization etc. 

For the point 8 is the normal risk analysis based on the HACCP system.

Andre Kutassy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Brazil
    Brazil

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

Hi Erzetti,

Thanks for your reply, The first risk analysis as you said is like 9001, but do I need to think from food safety point of view? For instance what  would you raise of risk in this case, could you please give an example?

Faith S

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Zimbabwe
    Zimbabwe

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Hi

Most of the risks will be specific to your organisation. 

A general example would be the Risk of climate change. With climate change, some pathogens are emerging and becoming more resistant than before. This is a Food safety risk.

Another risk is the Globalisation of the supply chain. Food safety risks which are uncommon to some areas can be carried around the world .

An example of an opportunity is the Advancement of technology, More machines are being designed for less handling of products by humans therefore it could be an opportunity for the FSMS.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Andre Kutassy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Brazil
    Brazil

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Semwayo,

I´m not sure I was clear, I understand in the risk analysis chapter that there are 2 types of risk analysis, one of them is for the business (strategic) the other one is for the process when you assess the risk of the process to not delivery due to  a deviation. That´s for ISO 9001.

What I ´d like to know from the public here is this:

For ISO 22.000:2018 should I do the risk analysis of the business( from the point of view of food safety), however for the process I understand that this risk analysis is the HACCP plan.

Everybody agree with that?

Rose Karuma

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:13 AM

Hi

Most of the risks will be specific to your organisation. 

A general example would be the Risk of climate change. With climate change, some pathogens are emerging and becoming more resistant than before. This is a Food safety risk.

Another risk is the Globalisation of the supply chain. Food safety risks which are uncommon to some areas can be carried around the world .

An example of an opportunity is the Advancement of technology, More machines are being designed for less handling of products by humans therefore it could be an opportunity for the FSMS.

Thanks for the post. I have gotten the concept of this requirement

Agie_19

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:02 AM

Hi!

In our organization, we get our risk assessment from our COTO Log. We started to draft our COTO Log then we get all the risk from our weakness and threats from SWOT, issues identified from interested parties and issues from external and internal issues. These were all inputs to our risk register.

Of course when you do your COTO Log, it should be in the point of view of food safety. We will be audited this Friday for ISO 22000:2018! 

roytbahala

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

As a reminder, please take note that the risk analysis (reckoned from the COTO) in ISO 22000:2018 Clause 6.1 is based on those that affect attainment of the FSMS Objective(s).

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users