• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to make process for extraction of spices in water more efficient?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

LNice

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

Hi, I make a bottled chai concentrate (spices, tea, water). As the business is growing I am looking for ways to streamline / simplify the extraction process without introducing any strong solvents that will alter the flavour of the product. At the moment we finely grind the (mixed) spices, boil them in water for 60mins, filter off the extract, repeat this process with the same spices and fresh water. Then filter again and heat-seal in glass bottles. Any recommendations for flavourless solvents / organic acids and % and/or changes in the process would be greatly appreciated - there is a lot of literature online that I am struggling to get my head around!

Many thanks in advance.

Lucy

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

Hi Lucy

As making this process more efficient has commercial benefits so I do not think that people r going to give you this know how free.

There are many ways to achieve outstanding results fro this process.

Kind regaards

D Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Australia

LNice

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:45 AM

Hi Hamid, thanks for your response. I am just a one-man-band here with very limited resources, relying on the good will of people in the know. Hopefully there is someone out there who is willing to provide some pointers or a little literature.

All the best

Lucy

eatmoreomega3s

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:16 PM

You may find some additional help on a site called reddit. Google "food science reddit". You need to register to post but it is quick/easy. 

Good luck!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users