• Quick Navigation
Photo

Will exterior spider control sprays help prevent the interior cobwebs?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
- - - - -

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am not too familiar with Pest Control program and so asking if anyone had any similar issues.

We have noticed cobwebs in and around emergency exits.

Will exterior spider control sprays help prevent the interior cobwebs?

Our pest control provider recommended it but I don't see how the exterior sprays might help.

Thank you,

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hi Arahman

Exterior sprays  reduce the chances of pest getting inside the factory so it can be helpful. however spiders may be already living inside the factory (inside the exit signs) In this case the exterior spray would not be useful. I will  suggest a gas treatment inside the factory which will eliminate an pest in the side the factory and will eliminate cobweb

Regards

Dr Humaid Khan

MD Halal International Services

Australia 

Thanked by 1 Member:

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Dr. Khan. 

I will bring it up with ops management. I'm thinking might do a risk assessment.

We are a storage and distribution facility and all products received are in finished good status.

I will consult further as well with the pest control provider.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:34 PM

1. Get another PCO that understands the difference between exterior and interior and consult with that person as to what to use.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

wtheriot

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 25 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

I might add that spiders or signs of spiders (webbing) can be an indication of other bug problems. Spiders are canivores and tend to hang out where they can find easy meals (abundant bugs). I would consult with another pest control service to compare treatment options.

Just a thought.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:10 PM

If you have cobwebs you have spiders inside.  If you have spiders inside you likely have other insects inside, such as flying insects and/or ants.

Eliminate the other insects and that will in turn eliminate the spiders which will in turn eliminate the cobwebs.

Of course, you can do what we do (because no one is terribly concerned with insects in the facility) clean off the cobwebs on a regular basis.  From what our PCO said, there is no real good spider treatment chemicals because it may kills them, not always, and their feet are not susceptible in picking up the poison like other insects.  He basically told us it was a waste of money.

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

Caulk and/or mortar the outside where the cracks are letting the insects into the building.  The cobwebs are your indicator for insect infiltrators. 

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:26 PM

Thank you everyone. All the suggestions are helpful.  I will do a  through inspection with the PCO in and around the exit doors. 

This forums is really helpful in educating myself before presenting my findings to upper management.

Cheers!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users