• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to include customer heating of the product in the HACCP plan?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Chemeng

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:09 PM

Hello all,

The potential of bacterial contamination, we ask that for our customers fry the pies as we ship them to an internal temperature of XF. So I am little bit confused, how can we mention this in our HACCP Plan? Do we need to classify this under preventive control, or just requires heat treatment before use?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:52 AM

Hello all,

The potential of bacterial contamination, we ask that for our customers fry the pies as we ship them to an internal temperature of XF. So I am little bit confused, how can we mention this in our HACCP Plan? Do we need to classify this under preventive control, or just requires heat treatment before use?

Hi Chemeng,

I presume yr query is directed to FSMA,'s  Haccp ?

For a conventional haccp plan  the process scope typically ends at production facility  "shipment". The consumer's involvement is then "defined" in the Product Description, eg includes a statement that the Product is "raw/to be fully cooked by consumer".

Consumer cooking info. eg with respect to validated cooking temperatures,  is a labelling issue which, I believe (and has been previously discussed here) is  Regulatory dependent on  USDA/USFDA requirements..

But FSMA requirements may be a different "ball game"??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,068 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

Hello all,

Under FSMA, for bacterial contamination - you would say customer controlled. Make sure you have proof that your directions will kill potential bacteria that may be of risk either through a scientific study or in-house study. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users