• Quick Navigation
Photo

IFS interpretation guides / detailed info

Share this

Best Answer , 30 October 2019 - 09:01 AM

Hi moskito,

Thks for the link.

I was interested to note that 6.1 has been going for "only" 2 years . It seems to have been running for ever !

Unfortunately it seems  that IFS, other than for Food Fraud, has no in-depth Interpretation Guide, free or otherwise. Unlike BRC/SQF. ISO I'm unsure if anything other than the rather erudite iso22004 (?).

IMEX all the "Big4"  GFSI-recognised standards have their own particular incomprehensibilities.

IFS afaik is the only one which (in 6.1) explicitly dragged in Control Points together with its debatable/unfortunate definition involving OPRP. The draft seems to have now removed the explicit "control point" altogether (no definition) but perhaps implicitly retained it via the, IMO, peculiarly anonymous new clause -

Dear RSantos,

pls follow this link

https://www.ifs-cert...s-ifs-food-7-pc

There you will also find  the link to the draft version.

Rgds

moskito

Hello, 

Thank you so much both i did already found it and i'm doing an analysis to the specific parts that "touch" the topic of my project.

Mr. Charles. C, thank you for the explaining and giving your insight.

Thank you!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RSantos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Greetings, 

I am currently doing an MSc internship, and my thesis project involves both BRC and IFS food standards. I am currently looking for interpretation guides and detailed information about this standards and for IFS, unlike BRC, i cannot find any general interpretation guides. I can only find specific ones, like for packaging, pest control guidelines. 

I do have a guideline for auditor that contains "Cross reference (IFS requirements, important european directives, other comments, US american legislation)", but it's from May 2013, so i supose it is outdated.

I would like to know if someone has what i'm looking for, or can guide me to some more information about it.

Thank you very much in advance.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:48 PM

On the IFS site under the Food 6.1 standard there are a number of download links, one of which is "Guideline for Auditors 2013" so I guess that one is still current.

Though I'm not familiar with IFS, just going by a quick search through their site.

You can submit a query on their website, might be worthwhile just to confirm.

https://www.ifs-cert...251-ifs-food-en

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

On the IFS site under the Food 6.1 standard there are a number of download links, one of which is "Guideline for Auditors 2013" so I guess that one is still current.

Though I'm not familiar with IFS, just going by a quick search through their site.

You can submit a query on their website, might be worthwhile just to confirm.

https://www.ifs-cert...251-ifs-food-en

The Guideline mentioned above sounds like same one the OP has seen already ?

IIRC, it's interesting/useful but of  limited scope.

PS - actually i thought there was a version 7 nearly due but apparently not yet (maybe copying iso22000 :smile: )

PPS - @ RSantos - JFI (in case not noticed on website), IFS have also issued a specific document regarding food fraud. Link here -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ne/#entry125632

(Unfortunately there is limited information regarding IFS Standard on this Forum since very few members seem to be using it, probably due geographical reasons)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

The Guideline mentioned above sounds like same one the OP has seen already ?

It is Charles, I was just suggesting that, as it is currently listed available on the IFS own site but a more recent one is not, it is likely still the current version - as the OP supposed it is outdated.

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

Dear all,

a few days ago in October the IFS public consultation has started for V7

Rgds

moskito

Thanked by 1 Member:

RSantos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

Dear all,

a few days ago in October the IFS public consultation has started for V7

Rgds

moskito

thank you for the information mr. Moskito

do you happen to know where can I find it ?

thank you in advance !!!

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

Dear RSantos,

pls follow this link

Rgds

moskito

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

Dear RSantos,

pls follow this link

Rgds

moskito

Hi moskito,

Thks for the link.

I was interested to note that 6.1 has been going for "only" 2 years . It seems to have been running for ever !

Unfortunately it seems  that IFS, other than for Food Fraud, has no in-depth Interpretation Guide, free or otherwise. Unlike BRC/SQF. ISO I'm unsure if anything other than the rather erudite iso22004 (?).

IMEX all the "Big4"  GFSI-recognised standards have their own particular incomprehensibilities.

IFS afaik is the only one which (in 6.1) explicitly dragged in Control Points together with its debatable/unfortunate definition involving OPRP. The draft seems to have now removed the explicit "control point" altogether (no definition) but perhaps implicitly retained it via the, IMO, peculiarly anonymous new clause -

Determine critical control points and other control measures:
The determination of relevant CCP's and other control measures shall be facilitated by the application of a decision tree or other tool(s), which demonstrates a logical reasoned approach.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

RSantos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:01 AM   Best Answer

Hi moskito,

Thks for the link.

Dear RSantos,

pls follow this link

Rgds

moskito

Hello, 

Thank you so much both i did already found it and i'm doing an analysis to the specific parts that "touch" the topic of my project.

Mr. Charles. C, thank you for the explaining and giving your insight.

Thank you!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IFS, Interpretation guide, Information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users