• Quick Navigation
Photo

What is the best method to use for FSSC 22000 V5?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CTucci

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Hi,u

What is the best method to use for FSSC 22000?  Converting from GMP audit to FSSC 22000 v5.  Already trained in FSSc 22000 implementation. Need some additional guidance please.

Dry powder co-packer. Dry powder, pills/capsules and some liquid products packaged.

Thank you for your assistance.

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

Could you explain what you mean by best method to use?

CTucci

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

I'm sorry it took so long to reply.  I am looking for the best path to follow.  Some say, evaluate your risks first. determine legislation then significance of risks and there is a table to follow from there.  Others have 'packets' that start with understanding the Context of the Organization etc.  I know everyone will accomplish the same task differently, however a straight line usually works pretty well for me.  ie. if I want to get somewhere, I look at a map, decide the route and go.  I have been trained, however am still a bit confused.  The plant I am working in has received a 99.2% on it's most recent GMP audit, so I know that we are doing many things right, I just need to understand this audit format more clearly.

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

When we went after GFSI, we conducted a Gap Analysis (basically an internal audit) against the standard (BRC for us). This helped us identify our gaps that required work to satisfy certification.

If you have the funds, you should consider hiring a consultant to help you through your implementation and initial audit. It isn't necessary, but consultants usually provide good feedback and some valuable documents to use for your programs.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:58 AM

I'm sorry it took so long to reply.  I am looking for the best path to follow.  Some say, evaluate your risks first. determine legislation then significance of risks and there is a table to follow from there.  Others have 'packets' that start with understanding the Context of the Organization etc.  I know everyone will accomplish the same task differently, however a straight line usually works pretty well for me.  ie. if I want to get somewhere, I look at a map, decide the route and go.  I have been trained, however am still a bit confused.  The plant I am working in has received a 99.2% on it's most recent GMP audit, so I know that we are doing many things right, I just need to understand this audit format more clearly.

Hi CTucci,

I think you are over-simplifying the distinctions.

IMO fssc22000 is a different world as compared to a typical GMP Standard. (GMP simply gets an appended mention within the definition of PRP although this is not to bely the critical importance of such programs).

The forum often gets queries on how easy is it to transition from, just as an example, AIB/GMP Certificate to one for a GFSI-recognised Standard. It's often not.

In UK, an "intermediate" category as exampled by Salsa exists which attempts to act as a "stepping-stone" for GFSI.

As per previous Post, A Gap Analysis helps to illustrate the nominal differences.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSSC 22000, FSSC 22000 Covnversion, New to FSSC22000, How to use FSSC 22000, Additional help, Dry Powder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users