• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

Hi

just had our stage one audit, which went fine, we are a very small compnay with only 15 of us in total, in the management review procedure  I covered management reveiw meeting with this

The Management System developed and adopted by the Company will be reviewed yearly or as and when required within the management meetings  - do we have to have more then 1 a year 

I am hoping as i get more into my new role that we have 1 every 3-4 months 

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

Hi Jacquie, what standard are you going for?  I'm pretty sure in most standards the requirement is minimum annually.  It is better to write into your procedures the minimum and if you do more great.  No point in saying 4 times a year and then you do three and are only required to do one, but you get an NC for not complying with your procedures. :oops:

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Jacquie66

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

Hi Simon

working to 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 that what i wanted to make sure if i have the least covered, any more are a bonus, found some old documents and the previous auditors issued a Major Non conformance because they only had one management meeting in July and where audited in Oct same year, I was having one of the doubting myself moments. 

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:20 PM

I was told by an auditor that it is best to have more than one annual meeting.  His suggestion was to hold a meeting to discuss the annually required review of the written food safety plan, and one annual meeting closer to the audit date to discuss the functioning of the food safety system.  It is in this second meeting that one discusses trend analyses.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 683 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:54 PM

If the code states at least annually, I don't see how they could issue a non-conformance unless all of the required topics were not covered at the one meeting. I actually did a risk assessment of sorts and determined that senior management was not well informed of their specific responsibilities and the inner workings of administration of SQF. My goal the first year was to educate them on all that needed to be done to implement the whole system and cover the necessary review items. That took an hour long meeting every quarter. At the end of the first year I asked if they wanted to scale meetings back to once a year and they all (4 owners) emphatically requested we continue with quarterly meetings. Our procedure is written as "at least annually". during a visit from one of our customers, one of the owners introduced me and asked me to explain our Food Safety program. I gave a few sentences about it and she took over and very clearly explained the program in great detail. It was a very satisfying moment for me as 2 years ago she would have been hard pressed to describe it vaguely. My risk assessment now would indicate an annual meeting would be sufficient but every organization is different. What do you NEED to adequately cover Management Review? Do that

iankavan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Like others have said, Annual as a minimum. But if more are done its a bonus. 

But you dont want to have to explain to an auditor why you only managed one when you have a procedure for 2,3 or 4 a year. 

This is in your procedure-   

1. Management Review Meetings
    1.  Management review meetings attended by the site’s senior management shall be undertaken at appropriate planned intervals, annually as a minimum to review the site performance against standards and objectives. The review process shall include an evaluation of:
      1.  Previous management review action plans and time frames.
      2.  Results of Internal, Second- Party and/ or third-party audits.
      3.  Customer complaints and results of any customer feedback.
      4.  Incidents, corrective actions, out-of-specification results and non-conforming materials.
      5.  Review of the management of the systems for HACCP, food defence and authenticity.
      6.  Resource requirements.    

2.Records of the meeting shall be documented and used to revise the objectives. The decision and actions agreed within the review process shall be effectively communicated to appropriate staff and actions implemented within agreed timescales.

3.The site shall have a demonstrable meeting programme which enables food safety, legality and quality issues to be brought to the attention of senior management at least monthly and allows for the resolution of issues requiring immediate action                                   (currently the Monthly Senior Management Meeting with issues documented in the executive report).

We have annual as a minimum , but have other documented through the year on top of this. We also have a DOR meeting everyday at 9:30 attended by Country manager . And a weekly site leadership team meeting. 

Hope this helps 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users