Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 2 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:43 PM

Can someone tell me where I can find regulations or requirements for labels that go on the outside of the master cases?  We are NOT retail.   USDA & FDA

Thank you

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:23 PM

Can you be more specific as to what you are calling a master case? I just want to be sure we are thinking similarly.

Thanked by 1 Member:

QA_123

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 2 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

We do not sell retail.  We pack clear plastic bags inside a master case.  the label goes on the outside of the master case.  No labels on the bags.  I'm just wondering if there are rules or regulations as to fonts etc. for the label on the master case.  

Can you be more specific as to what you are calling a master case? I just want to be sure we are thinking similarl

nd01ken

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:College Sports, Wood Working, MS Access Databases, Software diddling, Coaching Softball, Basketball, and most of all being a father of 4.

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:07 PM

These may help you, FDA and USDA are similar but yet are different. Don't forget about label approval if required as well. 

https://www.fda.gov/...Guide-(PDF).pdf

https://www.fsis.usd...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Thanked by 4 Members:

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:45 PM

We do not sell retail.  We pack clear plastic bags inside a master case.  the label goes on the outside of the master case.  No labels on the bags.  I'm just wondering if there are rules or regulations as to fonts etc. for the label on the master case.  

Ok, I understand now. In your case, you should have the name of the product, an ingredient statement, net weight/quantity, and manufacturing address info at the least. The information nd01ken provided is a good guide for labeling. Just be sure that you follow up and check the most recent FDA regulations, since there have been some changes since 2013. I can't really speak to USDA.

Thanked by 1 Member:

AC2018

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:05 PM

Use the guides provided my nd01ken. We used to pack something identical to how you are and our case label consisted of the item number, description, ingredients, contain statement (if applicable), country of origin (if applicable), manufacturers information, GTIN, then any additional requirements like Gluten Free, GMO, Kosher, etc. There are minimum font sizes required dependent on how big the packaging is so make sure to look at that too. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users