• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do following pics conform to BRC? (chicken slaughterhouse)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Adolf von Liebenberg

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Belgium
    Belgium

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Hi fellow collegues,

Are following pics conform for BRC?:

- Picture 1: chickenfilet in consumerpackaging ready for sealing (this is conform I think)

- Picture 2+3: Placing crates ON the cuttingboard (not conform I think)

- Picture 4: placing crates with plastic in on eachother (I think not conform because there is a risk of contamination from the bottom of the crate placed upon. However, these crates are all clean.)

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

iankavan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

Going from my experience in high care cheese packing business ,

- Picture 1: Possible be not,as the open packs have the bottom of crates above them with no covering leading to potential cross contamination

- Picture 2+3: This wouldnt be ok, cross contamination from floor to cutting belt possible- better to have stainless holder made beside the line to have the trays sit into 

- Picture 4: Again cross contamination issues from the trays that may have had floor contact. 

In pictures 1 & 4 your crates sit directly on the floor to reduce the risk of cross contamination might be an idea to have holders from them to keep them off the floor, thus keeping them clean. 

In general we used to have red/black trays for floor contact and blue for non floor contact. But we tried to have all trays off the floor using custom made holders.This then ensured all waste from the production line wouldn't be classed as floor waste. but could be brought up a class to something we could sell on for thermal processing instead of being floor waste and having to pay someone to take it. 

Others may have different opinions though. 

Adolf von Liebenberg

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Belgium
    Belgium

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:03 AM

Thanks.

Beneath the crates there are special crates placed for contact with the floor.

We don't know how we can go fast enough if we can't make crates ready upfront.

Someone advice?

@scampi maybe?

iankavan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

You could get something like this for stacking the empty trays on, Then use another for loading the fill trays on and moving them out of the way.  They would keep the trays off the floor and aid in movement

https://www.klipspri...et[]=238,52,218

Adolf von Liebenberg

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Belgium
    Belgium

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

We use this already! Thanks anyway!

You could get something like this for stacking the empty trays on, Then use another for loading the fill trays on and moving them out of the way.  They would keep the trays off the floor and aid in movement

https://www.klipspri...et[]=238,52,218

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

Are your crates food contact suitable and cleaned (+ verified) sufficiently? If so, I don't see an issue with 4 in terms of lining crates and stacking them, providing that your chicken is dispatched raw. I was previously with a poultry slaughter and cutting plant, we did this and had no issues with BRC or retail customer audits. Just make sure you risk assess it and document, including potential hazards i.e. fabrication damage on bottom of crates or cleaning of crates and have your controls in place. These crates must stay off the floor of course.

Regards to 'floor crates', this is acceptable but make sure the designated crate is clearly distinguished - a unique colour will do - and only used for that purpose. I didn't used to have issues with people putting product in floor crates, but sometimes they would use a floor crate to store equipment or put it on a table  -_- . Also, I'd advise not wrapping/covering the floor crates, as looks to be the case in picture 4, since it needs to be easily recognisable.

Picture 1 - I have seen this done before, though personally I'd line the crates and fold the lining over the top product to product against contamination, especially as the sides of the crates have gaps.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users