• 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:11 AM

Hi Martyn,

From the IG of section4.11.8:

The design and structure of this programme will depend on the nature of the products being handled and the potential hazards
associated with them. Sites are not expected to ‘opt out’ of this requirement by determining that they have a low-risk product or
environment; completion of a risk assessment (clause 4.11.8.1) will identify relevant hazards, suitable monitoring techniques and
appropriate monitoring frequencies.

That said, since it is very much a risk-based thing, you needn't be "doing the same" in terms of exact swabbing in your low risk area as it is exactly that. However you should include the area in your program and risk assess.

My previous site is quite similar to yours by the sounds of it; we had a low risk area for uncooked meat products, and a high risk area handling the cooked product. Our EMP for low risk was much less comprehensive than high risk in terms of frequency and testing of swabs, and we hadn't done the specific zoning as with the HR plan, just FCS and non-FCS (mono). We had no micro related issues on the v8 audit.

I am having the same type of issue , we have our audit due in a weeks time . We are low risk bakery and have a risk assessment in place and a sampling plan but I need to generate some sort of statement to ascertain what we are doing and why we are doing it. Has anyone generated at statement that I can view for reference? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles.C, 01 December 2019 - 03:14 PM.
topic split

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

What are you wanting the statement to accomplish for you?

The RA would typically be the document that determined and "justifies" the EMP that you have in place, and if you have that and the corresponding sampling plan that shows what you're actually physically doing then you should be covered against the BRC requirement.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users