• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to create a proper training register?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

danh@nutmegspice

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

Hi guys,

Trying to get my company ready for SQF, and focussing on training and SOP's right now.

I am just about done writing the SOP's and need to start implementing. Formal training has never been a thing in this company and i am trying to change that.

Basically i am wondering how to proper document the training register, we have employees that occasionally will perform other jobs in the facility so a lot of these guys will be getting trained on multiple department SOPs. Just curious as to what you guys are doing, i almost feel like the only way to accurately list all SOPs the employees have been trained on is to create a document or spreadsheet for each individual employee and what SOP's they have been trained on.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

One list I saw showed the trainer(s), the document(s) used to do the training (such as TrainAllergenNamesver2.pptx)  the method of assessment (written quiz, computer quiz), each person's score, the trainer's assessment of the trainee's progress.... I'm sure there are others, and I will await their comments below.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

We use a simple excel spreadsheet with our clients - all the employees and owners, etc go on the left side vertically with a another colum showing their skill sets next to each name and then over the top each training topic is shown.

boxes under each training topic include date header, trainer, effectiveness.

Keeps it simple - we are in process of creating another one right now.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

We do something like this (see attachment), similar to what Glenn suggested, but looks like I need to add a few more details!!

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

We do something like this (see attachment), similar to what Glenn suggested, but looks like I need to add a few more details!!

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Attached File  ifsqn example 1.xlsx   11.05KB   178 downloadsWe do something like this (see attachment), similar to what Glenn suggested, but looks like I need to add a few more details!!

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

We use a similar spreadsheet - All on one sheet with tabs for Production, Management, Former employees and one for Summer Help. It lists the trainer's initials after the topic, the training dates and colored dots to indicate several things including adequate test scores. We keep physical copies of the tests in a binder but they could be scanned and saved electronically. See attached

SDTM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:29 PM

Hello

The training needs will have to be determined by the job roles.

List the employees and then title (department) on the left vertically, then on the horizontally list all the procedures in separate boxes. In the Excell spreadsheet mark the ones required with red and when trained put date and mark with green if you wish.

For CCP training add verification dates too and when the re-assessment is needed. 

This is the Excell version, of course you will need paper copy or certificates for Food Safety, Allergen, HACCP, Pest control, Internal Audit trainings etc as well.

They will be presented during audits when asked. Don't forget to place on the paper training form the version nr. of the procedure and duration of training.

Hope this was helpful? Let me know if you need any more help and good luck!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users