• Quick Navigation
Photo

Understanding the ISO22000 concept of competence in 2018.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:03 AM

While reading 2018 version, I felt a difference in defining competence when compared the same In 2005, standard seem to state that competence is a set of four elements namely Education, Training, Skills and Experience. (Ref clause 6.2.1)

In 2018, standard skip one element from this set and also make experience as optional element and seem to state that competence is a set of two or three elements namely Education, Training and/or Experience. (Ref. clause 7.2-b).

2018 also introduced the official definition of competence as "ability to apply knowledge and SKILLS to achieve intended results." which is giving me an understanding that competence involves logical sequencing of 4 steps - Getting Education which gives foundation, then getting training to have specific skills-set and then preferably getting some experience for correct application of knowledge obtained from education along with skills acquired from training.

Valuable comments or corrections from members will be appreciated on my above understanding.

Regards. Muhammad Zeeshan Zaki

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:19 AM

Zeeshan

AOA

You have sum it up nicely . That is also my understanding

Dr Humaid Raza Khan

MD Halal International Services

Australia

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users