• Quick Navigation
Photo

What quality standards are required for a kitchen?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

err.ll

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:19 PM

Hello everyone ... 

What is the quality standards for a restaurant , what is the steps that i have to do to establish a quality system in a restaurant ?

quality for the products ( the food ) and for the services 

if anyone can help ill appreciate it 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:31 AM

Hello everyone ... 

What is the quality standards for a restaurant , what is the steps that i have to do to establish a quality system in a restaurant ?

quality for the products ( the food ) and for the services 

if anyone can help ill appreciate it 

Do local Regulatory requirements apply ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

err.ll

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:27 AM

Do local Regulatory requirements apply ?

Mostly yes

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:09 AM

Mostly yes

(1) In the above case, such local standards would be the first requirements to ensure compliance with. IIRC, Saudi Arabia publishes quite detailed requirements for food manufacturing establishments but I'm unaware of equivalent documentation for restaurants ?.

The reason I asked is that, afaik, and just as an example, US retail food handling facilities implement procedures based on the US Retail Food Code, ie -

Attached File  US Food Code,2013.pdf   6.92MB   19 downloads

(probably not latest edition)

(2) In a procedural sense, you might find this website of interest -

https://www.extensio.../SOP-restaurant

(3) With respect to generic Food Standards, these two, iso-based, standards are intended for "quality" and "safety" respectively (there are many other safety standards) -

iso9001

fssc22000

Numerous texts / books contain practical implementation examples of (1,2), eg -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ng/#entry137262

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

err.ll

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:25 PM

(1) In the above case, such local standards would be the first requirements to ensure compliance with. IIRC, Saudi Arabia publishes quite detailed requirements for food manufacturing establishments but I'm unaware of equivalent documentation for restaurants ?.

The reason I asked is that, afaik, and just as an example, US retail food handling facilities implement procedures based on the US Retail Food Code, ie -

attachicon.gif US Food Code,2013.pdf
(probably not latest edition)

(2) In a procedural sense, you might find this website of interest -

https://www.extensio.../SOP-restaurant

(3) With respect to generic Food Standards, these two, iso-based, standards are intended for "quality" and "safety" respectively (there are many other safety standards) -

iso9001
fssc22000

Numerous texts / books contain practical implementation examples of (1,2), eg -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ng/#entry137262

Thank you so much for the details

I see that will be so helpful in the food Safety , but what about the quality ?

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:40 PM

ISO 9001. (As mentioned in post #4)

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Thanked by 1 Member:

err.ll

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

ISO 9001. (As mentioned in post #4)

I already took a 9001 lead auditor course
, if there is anything other than 9001 that specific the quality in restaurants , any books , resources ? Thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:42 AM

"Quality" relates to interpretation as you probably knew from iso9001. :smile:

For example -

Food Quality and Safety Standards at a Glance

The paper discusses food quality and safety standards that are critically important not only for developed, but also for developing economies, where the consumers' safety is among the primary issues to be considered in food supply chain management. After the rapid development of many economies, quality standards have focused on consumers' demand for safe food and beverage. The documents, certifying food quality and safety are getting much more attention, together with the production supervision and control from the starting phase, i.e. the producer, up to the market chain's end. General ecological factors and influences, such as chemicals, pesticides, food hygiene, ethical trade and production, are among the components of a quality standard set. Clients' higher expectations result in higher requirements on producers and exporters, which need to ensure higher food safety to enter internal and external markets.

Quality concept in the food industry puts an emphasis on three factors: conformity with product's intended purpose [iso9001??]; safety; satisfaction of consumer's expectations and perceptions. In general, most consumers pay attention to the first two, but their expectations involve a lot of different factors, such as price, taste, appearance, production system, nutritious content and fair trade, among others.

The product quality needs to be sound and reliable, but at affordable prices, so the companies must develop standardized procedures for production and selling processes. The needed quality standards are designed to meet the requirements of European consumers and regulators.

The EU Food Law concerns food content, product description, chemical safety, sanitary conditions, among others. According to the law, farmers and processing companies have the greatest responsibility for food safety assurance. In addition, they need to prove that they have applied diligence and traceability practices. Therefore, the paper presents a number of international standards followed by food producers and distributors: ISO 9000 (International Standartization Organization), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), EUREP (Euro Retailer Produce Working Group), GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), EN 45000 (European Quality Assurance Standards).

https://www.tandfonl...12-8?src=recsys

I suggest you google << quality standards for restaurant >> which directly answers yr query albeit it in various ways

For example -

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

err.ll

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

"Quality" relates to interpretation as you probably knew from iso9001. :smile:

For example -

I suggest you google << quality standards for restaurant >> which directly answers yr query albeit it in various ways

For example -

attachicon.gif Oprations Standards Manual (Restaurant case).pdf

and -

https://sctotech.com...rant-standards/

Thank you so much ❤

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users