6 replies to this topic

Clemkonan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Does anyone know of a basic document management package probably based on Excel or MS Access that can be used house the FSMS and support seamless document presentation at audit time. I will not get the buy in to purchase a commercial package so I am hoping something basic is out there that the small low budget private company can use.

Thanks for your time.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone know of a basic document management package probably based on Excel or MS Access that can be used house the FSMS and support seamless document presentation at audit time. I will not get the buy in to purchase a commercial package so I am hoping something basic is out there that the small low budget private company can use.

Thanks for your time.

I think there are a few examples in previous threads here but you may have to do a bit of searching to find them.

It's probably no accident that commercial packages are not insignifcant business. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

Loads of consultants found on the forum would be happy to make you something specific to your business, and teach you how to maintain it afterward. I'd reach out to some of them and see if they can make you something compatible with the software package you have.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:57 AM

Loads of consultants found on the forum would be happy to make you something specific to your business, and teach you how to maintain it afterward. I'd reach out to some of them and see if they can make you something compatible with the software package you have.

I agree but, based on OP,  my guess is no buy-in for Consultants Fees either. :crying:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

I agree but, based on OP,  my guess is no buy-in for Consultants Fees either. :crying:

True, did we have any IFSQN webinars that covered database making in excel? Not sure if we ever did or not.

-Austin

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:51 PM

True, did we have any IFSQN webinars that covered database making in excel? Not sure if we ever did or not.

-Austin

IIRC there is a previous thread here which includes a downloadable, customised, access-based file for testing/evaluation purposes.

Webinars also unsure, a query for the Master Planner. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

Not sure of the cost, but you can check out Infinity QS.  It is basically a blank database software that you setup and customize to your application.

We use it at my current facility, but the problem is no one really knows how to customize it except for one person.  The one person is an average level user at best so we are severely lacking the knowledge here.  They do offer courses for the software.

So if you are someone who is computer savvy, understands database programming a bit, and your company can shell out licenses for the program it may work for you.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users