Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

I want to ask about how to make allergen management for products that are not listed in the 8 allergen items according to FDA

because my company produces health supplements made from fruit and vegetable extractsjhh

hello everone

I want to ask about how to make allergen management for products that are not listed in the 8 allergen items according to FDA

because my company produces health supplements made from fruit and vegetable extracts.

Best Regards

thanks

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

Can you clarify your question please - are you saying that you don't handle any allergens, so you want an allergen policy/plan to reflect this?
Or are you saying that you handle things that aren't treated as allergens by the FDA, but you want to treat them as an allergen for other reasons?

shabrina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:17 PM

Yes, i don't handle any allergen so how make an allergen management program /policy?

Edited by shabrina, 15 January 2020 - 11:23 PM.

Juribe

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:42 PM

You still need an allergen management program/policy. It should state that no allergens are to be stored or present in the facility. Make sure to outline that none of your products contain allergens or sensitizes. The policy must state a Corrective Action Plan in the event that an allergen does make its way into the facility and the cleaning procedures (segregation of affected product/equipment, testing, etc.). 

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:46 PM

In addition to the previous poster, state in your policy / program you purchase raw materials from approved suppliers only and verify the raw materials do not contain allergens.  The verification can be from the supplier, such as a letter of guarantee or allergen statement, or you can conduct allergen sampling and testing of raw materials.  If I were you I would try to find out the risk level of allergen cross contact from your suppliers.  This isn't always easy, but it is worthwhile to ensure you can base your program on risk level relating to your suppliers.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:47 AM

You'll want to have the procedures and controls in place to ensure that your products remain free of the defined allergens (i.e. avoid contamination from suppliers, staff foods etc), and be able to show how this is successfully done. 

The below thread may be of some use:

https://www.ifsqn.co...lan#entry150844

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users