• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:42 AM

Hello,

I am just hired to contribute in implementing the Haccp in a breakfast cereal factory. As I haven't experience in this area. Any help ?

I read a lot about Haccp principles, prerequisite programme
, GMP, GHP. I hope receive a help with concrete exemples. 

Thank you

Kahina

Qualified

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:11 AM

Hello,

Your hazard analysis critical control points starts from drawing up the processes - most likely each recipe or line will have its own

once this is done you can start doing a risk assessment identifying any CCP or points of attention. some you will be able to control using the prerequisites and some will require controls (such as for example min - max temp requirements and checks in place to ensure that this is achieved / magnets / metal detectors etc). everything that might cause a food hazard - foreign bodies; possibility of bacteria growth if the control fails etc

It is a quite big thing to do - have you considered requesting the company to send you through HACCP course? That would give you all the basics that you could then implement in your place

Thanked by 1 Member:

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Thank you for your reply,

The theorical part is done. I have all the plans prepared. But i am looking for more help once the factory starts manufacturing ( the plant is in construction step).

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:45 AM

Thank you for your reply,

The theorical part is done. I have all the plans prepared. But i am looking for more help once the factory starts manufacturing ( the plant is in construction step).

Hi Kahina,

Please be a little more specific otherwise I can suggest a suitable book on general haccp implementation ?

ie help with particular respect to what ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

Hi Charles,

Specifically, I am looking for people who did the same to interact with them with practical examples related to haccp implementation. 

I want to prepare my self. I see it's difficult to have the theoritical part and the factory isn't yet ready.

I hope I explained a little what I am seeking for  :huh: 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

Hi Charles,

Specifically, I am looking for people who did the same to interact with them with practical examples related to haccp implementation. 

I want to prepare my self. I see it's difficult to have the theoritical part and the factory isn't yet ready.

I hope I explained a little what I am seeking for  :huh:

Hi kahina,

Not sure what FS standard you are working for (?) but maybe have a look at the example below which lists (Section 2) the haccp elements which, both theoretically and practically, typically need to be responded to -

Attached File  self assessment check list.doc   668.5KB   32 downloads

Is there any particular clause/area/function(s) which you are seeking examples for ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:08 PM

Hi charles,

Where I am working is a small familial business. They want to start manufacturing breakfast cereals, and preprare their industry to get the ISO 22000.

The HACCP is the same for all standards, isn't it?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

Hi charles,

Where I am working is a small familial business. They want to start manufacturing breakfast cereals, and preprare their industry to get the ISO 22000.

The HACCP is the same for all standards, isn't it?

No. ISO-haccp is particularly different to Codex haccp (latter is most commonly used, eg in post 6).

You should obtain a copy of the iso22000:2018 standard.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:23 PM

I have a copy, Iso 22000 is the last version ?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

I have a copy, Iso 22000 is the last version ?

If the date is 2005, then No.

If the date is 2018, then Yes.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

It's 2018

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

It's 2018

Then should be latest version.

If you study the iso22000  haccp section, you will see iso introduced their own concept of OPRP which IMO has created a vast amount of unnecessary confusion. Many other people will disagree though. :smile:

ISO22000 is also not GFSI-recognised so may not be acceptable to some customers unlike fssc22000 which also uses iso22000 but expands it by adding an additional iso-22002-1 standard. The choice  likely depends on what is the usual industry/customer requirement in Spain.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

June 2018.

I understood that fssc 22000 is one wich includes the iso 22000 and iso 22002-1? So it's better to apply directly for the fssc ?

And theses standards are optional not mandatory. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:50 PM

June 2018.

I understood that fssc 22000 is one wich includes the iso 22000 and iso 22002-1? So it's better to apply directly for the fssc ?

And theses standards are optional not mandatory. 

Hi kahina,

Afaik most large scale European retailers tend to require a GFSI-recognised Standard which includes BRC, IFS, SQF, FSSC22000 however the preferred one varies a lot depending on Country. For example BRC is most common in UK but not in, afaik, France and Germany where I believe IFS is preferred. Unfortunately Spain I have no idea/experience. Some locations may accept multiple GFSI  Standards as being equivalent (this was/is the original GFSI, FS standardisation concept).

Additionally, at least in UK, some Companies start with an "intermediate" FS Standard such as SALSA  which is acceptable to their customers although less demanding than a GFSI-recognised option.

So yes, the choice is up to you but typically depends on what your customers need/prefer. You may need some expert advice if not sure, eg from a Consultant.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

Thank you Charles

I will look for these differences.

I will ask more questions sure :smile:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

Thank you Charles

I will look for these differences.

I will ask more questions sure :smile:

Hi kahina,

Questions always welcome.

There are one or two other Spanish posters on this forum who may be able to assist but they do not appear every day. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

My experience has been that Spain is quite a broad mix - possibly due in part to some of the larger processors working on own-label product for retailers in several other European countries, including the BRC-obsessed UK and IFS for the German market.

It genuinely comes across as far less entrenched in any one of the standards than most of the other countries at this end of Europe so in theory it may not be too critical which of the GFSI-benchmarked schemes you go for. Nonetheless the advice from Charles to look at any particular customer requirements is certainly sensible.

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

Hello,

As the ISO 22000 is not recoginzed by the GFSI, getting the FSSC 22000 certification could be a better alternative for the business ?  If FSSC certification could be suffisant for the business, and it will not a necessity to get the ISO 22000? 

My questions are Independently of the country. 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

FSSC22000 incorporates ISO22000 and adds in additional requirements to bring it up to the GFSI-benchmarked level - the attached document gives a reasonable overview of this.

I certainly think that going with FSSC22000 (or one of the other GFSI'd schemes) will be a better option in terms of potential business than "just" ISO22000.

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,792 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:42 AM

The BRCGS standard on food safety (issue 8) has (IMO) a really simple section on HACCP implementation.  If you can get the interpretation guide as well, even better (but you can't get it for free.)

If you've not got a clue where to start though, perhaps some more training...?

kahina

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:57 AM

Hello,

The Haccp plan I have it. It is prepared, I mean the theoritical part. I think after my discussion with this Forum memebers' I figured out and understood a lot of things about these certification systems. I continue studying them and asking questions in this amazing space.

It was a very good step I did joining me to this forum

Thank you

Kahina

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

Hello Karina

with the background you  have it would not be easy to develop, implement and manage a HACCP system.

I can guide you as a consultant through a whole process.. View my profile on IFSQN 

Kind regards

Humaid khan

Thanked by 1 Member:

adrian.garcia

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:19 AM

Hi Kahina,

I'm currently working in Spain so maybe I can guide you. Do you have any other questions concerning your HACCP?

Is your company willing to implement a GFSI Standard? IFS and BRC ad widely spread here.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users