m.erzetti

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 63 posts
  • 25 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy
  • Interests:Consultant for ISO 9001; ISO 17025; ISO 22000; BRC & IFS. I worked at the University of Perugia in the CERB (Italian Brewing Research Centre) as Quality Manager (ISO 9001 - ISO 17025)

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

Can someone halp me to understand better if the moniotoring of raw materials, packaging materials are to be considerate as PRP or oPRP or CCP?

The lause 9.3 of ISO TS 22002-1 report "Materials shall be inspected, tested or covered by COA to veriiy conformity with specified requirements prior to acceptance or use. The method of verification shall be documented." so I think all the controlls should be PRP so I don't have to apply the HACCP system clause 8.5.2 of FSSC 22000

But If I have mandatory limits like for ex. heavy metals (Reg CE 1881) are the PRP or became oPRP or CCP?

Thank you in advance

Mauro

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

Can someone halp me to understand better if the moniotoring of raw materials, packaging materials are to be considerate as PRP or oPRP or CCP?

The lause 9.3 of ISO TS 22002-1 report "Materials shall be inspected, tested or covered by COA to veriiy conformity with specified requirements prior to acceptance or use. The method of verification shall be documented." so I think all the controlls should be PRP so I don't have to apply the HACCP system clause 8.5.2 of FSSC 22000

But If I have mandatory limits like for ex. heavy metals (Reg CE 1881) are the PRP or became oPRP or CCP?

Thank you in advance

Mauro

Hi Mauro,

^^^^ (red) - Yes.  In fact raw material controls have afaik been handled within a PRP  "menu" for both Codex/NACMCF and ISO22000 (8.2.4-f,g)/iso22002-1  Standards for many years.(although in the early days of haccp, plans with raw material CCPs were the "norm").

^^^ (blue) - assuming you are referring to raw material limits, still PRPs unless part of a specific Regulatory CCP.

For an fssc22000(iso22000:2005) example (using PAS220) see -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-7#entry50651

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users