• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:09 AM

Good day 

I need assistance in putting up an incident management procedure for our meat factory. Currently we only have a recall procedure in place.

Any pointers on how to tackle this will very appreciated.

Kind regards 

Nash 

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

Hello,

Generally, the procedure needs to identify potential incidents and then address each one, detailing what you would do in the event of such a crisis occurring. You'd need to include what exactly is affected by the incident, communication for relevant staff as well as relevant external, actions to be taken and any contingency plans. Incidents can be widely varied and including natural disasters (flood, fire), microbiological or allergenic, disruption to services i.e.  loss of electrics, refrigeration or contaminated mains water supply. 

Is there a standard you adhere to i.e. BRC or SQF? 

If so, both will have guidance, and even if not it may be worth a read to get a better understanding of the topic.

The Food Scientist has provided an extract from SQF on post 5 of the below thread:

https://www.ifsqn.co...ent#entry152499

BRC section is 3.11 on page 25 of the Food Safety issue 8 standard (available to download as free pdf at BRCGS bookstore), or page 73 in the Interpretation Guidelines.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users