Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 127 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:28 PM

I am working with a company that is updating the  liquid batching.  Bulk oil totes (2000 lb.) are used with a pump to deliver the liquid to a mixer.  These bulk oil, 2000 lb. totes are received from suppliers that have appropriate foreign material systems in place, GFSI scheme audited, meet regulatory requirements.  Risk assessment identifies low risk for f.m. / physical contamination. 

Question: Can anyone provide support as to why I need to add an inline screen going from the totes to the mix operation.  

Question: Is it over kill to add screen/filter for use on a tote from an approved supplier?

Jason

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

I know of sites using inline screens for offloading bulk, and sites that don't use such screens - really comes down to risk assessment for raw materials and/or whether there is a desire to prefer the "overkill" route just in case.

How is your raw material processed, i.e. what is the actual likelihood of foreign body contamination?
If they've got good general site controls and are filtering at point of fill in a controlled environment then presumably the probability is extremely low?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users