• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:33 PM

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for microbiological specifications for air monitoring tests in High risk area according to the BRC - Food. Please give references.

Thank you in advance. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:37 PM

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for microbiological specifications for air monitoring tests in High risk area according to the BRC - Food. Please give references.

Thank you in advance. 

Hi tharinduth,

I anticipate that the practical answer to yr query is likely to be two-fold -

(a) you need to install an appropriate grade filter ( lists exist, eg see sheet 6 of excel noted below)) so as to achieve the desired micro.quality. (unless presumably the air already attains such a quality).

(b) you need to sample/analyse the resulting air to verify that the desired quality is obtained.

afaik, regarding the desired quality, there is no, universally agreed, specific quantitative answer and I have not seen such given by BRC.

However I suggest a possible answer is provided in the Standards for compressed air  which is in contact with food. The corresponding quality (see BCAS 2013) is given in sheet 4 of the excel in this Post -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ent/#entry81054

(Also see the associated reference files sh4 and sh4.1 in same post)(the BCAS-2013 table is afaik a later version of the "Food Grade" /BCAS 2006 table shown at top of sheet)

I am not a "high risk" user of BRC so other posters may have a simpler solution ?

PS - simpler solutions are offered on sheets 1, 3, 5 of above excel but whether these are adequate for BRC I do not know. IIRC Tesco (2014) simply defined the Grade of Filter to install (see sheet 7)

Edited by Charles.C, 07 February 2020 - 03:53 AM.
added

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Aliali

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

Our internal spec for high risk area is <100..and we hot-fill liquid products.

It really depends on the nature of your products. FDA has <30 yeast and mould spec for acceptable air quality, but I couldn't find the air spec in BRC. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:35 AM

Our internal spec for high risk area is <100..and we hot-fill liquid products.

It really depends on the nature of your products. FDA has <30 yeast and mould spec for acceptable air quality, but I couldn't find the air spec in BRC. 

Item ??

Units ??

Source ??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC, High Risk, Air Monitoring, Microbiology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users