Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:18 PM

I have attached what I have created for our Pre/post operations inspection checklists, any thoughts on if they will be good for when we eventually have our first audit? (Aiming for SQF Certification around June) 

Also, do you guys also do pre/post for bathrooms, lunch rooms, locker rooms, etc?

Attached Files

bakeryscience

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking and baking, coffee culture, photography, watercolor painting, pets (I've officially been converted into a cat person), travel, minimalism, self-improvement

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:00 PM

Some other things we have on our list: observed proper hand washing technique; equipment is clean, sanitized, and in good working condition; all required monitoring forms are provided and in the correct place (temperature check forms, scale calibration forms, allergen changeover forms, etc.); no evidence of pests or other contaminants. 

Disclaimer though, we're not SQF yet so I can't give much input on that aspect of your question.

jperri

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:37 PM

From Module 11:

11.2.13.5  Pre-operational inspections shall be conducted following cleaning and sanitation operations to ensure food processing areas, product contact surfaces, equipment, staff amenities and sanitary facilities and other essential areas are clean before the commencement of production. Pre-operational inspections shall be conducted by qualified personnel.

We do include staff washrooms/lunchrooms as part of our pre-op. We include the overall working condition and cleanliness checks of large equipment, utensils, tables, sinks, protective clothing, floor, walls and garbage area.

We are SQF certified.

Hope this helps!

Jenna

Thanked by 1 Member:

rose32

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:20 PM

From Module 11:

11.2.13.5  Pre-operational inspections shall be conducted following cleaning and sanitation operations to ensure food processing areas, product contact surfaces, equipment, staff amenities and sanitary facilities and other essential areas are clean before the commencement of production. Pre-operational inspections shall be conducted by qualified personnel.

We do include staff washrooms/lunchrooms as part of our pre-op. We include the overall working condition and cleanliness checks of large equipment, utensils, tables, sinks, protective clothing, floor, walls and garbage area.

We are SQF certified.

Hope this helps!

Jenna

Perfect Thanks! Getting nervous about how much I still have to get done before we go for the audit. I have only been with this company since September, and they had no systems in place before, so I am building everything from scratch and have never had this position before. Little crazy!

jperri

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

You are in the EXACT same position as I was. I never even knew what SQF was :oops: . I started in May  and our audit was just this passed December. You can do it! It can be overwhelming to start from scratch but it could be a blessing in disguise because you do not have to decode or sift through old or poorly written documents you can organize and write it fresh.

My main advice to you is read the code and guidance document thoroughly. This is your bible LOL. If you can check off each section and say to yourself "yes I have this covered, written and implemented" you are gold.

Feel free to ask me any questions, as I was in your shoes not too long ago! I am happy to help :)

Edited by jperri, 07 February 2020 - 07:29 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

rose32

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:50 PM

You are in the EXACT same position as I was. I never even knew what SQF was :oops: . I started in May  and our audit was just this passed December. You can do it! It can be overwhelming to start from scratch but it could be a blessing in disguise because you do not have to decode or sift through old or poorly written documents you can organize and write it fresh.

My main advice to you is read the code and guidance document thoroughly. This is your bible LOL. If you can check off each section and say to yourself "yes I have this covered, written and implemented" you are gold.

Feel free to ask me any questions, as I was in your shoes not too long ago! I am happy to help :)

Thanks jperri! it has been very overwhelming so far, our company hired a consultant who rarely gets back to me, and then when he does, he gives me trouble for not having certain documents finished yet. I am the only QC person at this company (we produce bottled water that is shipped worldwide), and don't have a whole lot of management support, they seem to think that the work going into it isn't very important so I am also working production at the same time as trying to develope the program. my email isxxxxxx if you want to chat :-)

Edited by Charles.C, 08 February 2020 - 05:25 AM.
email deleted

bakeryscience

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking and baking, coffee culture, photography, watercolor painting, pets (I've officially been converted into a cat person), travel, minimalism, self-improvement

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

Phew, good job to both of you! I started out "from scratch" here as well, but luckily we have no customers requiring SQF at the moment so we're taking it slow and steady. I don't think I could handle that stress...you guys are awesome!

sruppe

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 August 2021 - 01:30 PM

remember for 9.0 you need a risk assessment on uniforms and clothing.

nice list  maybe add   "is clothing/uniform clean,  and in good repair?"

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users