- - - - -

yvonne

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

Is anyone know the standard of environment temperature for a production area which handling seafood or ready to eat meat? In my mind, 15-18C is reasonable but any international supporting this figure?!
THanks! :thumbup:

QA_RnD_Boy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:32 AM

Is anyone know the standard of environment temperature for a production area which handling seafood or ready to eat meat? In my mind, 15-18C is reasonable but any international supporting this figure?!
THanks! :thumbup:

hi yvonne, we are i the business of producing processed meat and our national regulaions require us to have at least 12 C temp in the processing area. Check the HACCP canada.. it think theirs is 10 C

Cheers,,
J.

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Sports, Eating out, Travel

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

yvonne,

I've not got anything specific for seafood but the following document may help you with the Meat products:

RECOMMENDED INTERNATIONAL CODE OF HYGIENIC PRACTICE FOR PROCESSED MEAT AND POULTRY PRODUCTS CAC/RCP 13-1976, Rev. 1 (1985).

I don't know if I can Post this as it might be copyrighted, Simon can you let me know if it is OK to post?

James

"arguing with an auditor is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realise that the pig enjoys it"

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:41 PM

yvonne,

I've not got anything specific for seafood but the following document may help you with the Meat products:

RECOMMENDED INTERNATIONAL CODE OF HYGIENIC PRACTICE FOR PROCESSED MEAT AND POULTRY PRODUCTS CAC/RCP 13-1976, Rev. 1 (1985).

I don't know if I can Post this as it might be copyrighted, Simon can you let me know if it is OK to post?

James

Hi James,

Is there any way you can pull out the pertinent stuff, it's probably safest if it copyrighted.

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:16 AM

Check the Blue book of the Seafood HACCP Alliance for Education and Training, it is on the net. There is also a Purple book.

No worries, Okido

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

Dear Yvonne,
Just noticed yr question. Don't know if you're still interested but -
There will presumably be some dependence on geographic location?
The fresh iced seafood product temperature in tropical processing is often targeted at max 10degC although lower values are certainly attainable from pre-frozen raw materials.
HACCP guidelines exist to predict the time to 'develop' of various pathogens when product is exposed to various temperatures below and above this level thereby allowing some practical time limits to be applied.
Below an environmental temperature of 10degC people tend to start having finger control difficulties in my experience, never mind their personal feelings.
Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users