• Quick Navigation
Photo

With Issue 6 of BRC Packaging Materials removing the hygiene categories - what happens to my "high hygiene" certification from Issue 5?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

bradkephart

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

With Issue 6 of BRC Packaging Materials removing the hygiene categories - what happens to my "high hygiene" certification from Issue 5?

Also - if we used risk assessments to show that we do not need to follow specific clauses because we do not have any direct food contact business currently will our Issue 6 certification state that we can not do direct food contact packaging? 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:33 AM

Hi Brad,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

You will get an Issue 6 certificate after your next audit. There won't be any reference to high or low hygiene on the certificate but it should clearly state the scope of the certification and any exclusions.

From Issue 6:

The audit scope and any permitted exclusions shall be clearly defined both on the audit report and on any certificate issued. The wording of the scope will be verified by the auditor during the site audit. The wording of the scope, description of the product and, where applicable, the application of the packaging material, shall enable a recipient of the report or certificate to clearly identify whether the products supplied have been included within the scope. This shall include a description of the processing activities undertaken at the site that fall within the scope of the Standard where this adds clarity for the user of the report or certificate (e.g. the flexographic printing and slitting of form-fill-seal (FFS) laminate film for fresh produce).

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users