• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do you have experience of a remote BRC audit? What will we expect, advantages and disadvantages?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Mandark

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

Hi, do you have experienced on the remote audit? What will we expect, advantages and disadvantages?

Remote audit was approved by BRC thru our CB. Our facility is schedule for unannounced audit but a remote audit was considered due the recent outbreak of corona virus. If result is positive, our certification will be extended for 6 months but the site audit shall be scheduled as soon as possible within the 6 months extension. 

Unfortunately, we should be audited with IFS scheme but IFS doesn't allow our CB to conduct the remote audit. 

Regards, 

Mandark

Edited by Mandark, 28 February 2020 - 01:14 AM.

teodymayojr

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:18 AM

very nice, first time i come across with an actual remote audit! may I know your location? 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:37 AM

We develop GFSI systems remotely and conduct consulting audits remotely with the facility uploading all documentation and providing a walking tour of their facility with a narrated GoPro high-definition camera.

I actually "see" nothing wrong with this and once this flu thing passes it might be a trend to conduct audits in the future on a remote basis.

I think it will be an interesting experience for all concerned.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Mandark

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:31 AM

Attached is the statement from BRC. 

Attached Files

lordazzo13

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:04 AM

We are a rigid plastic thermoforming company that normally has a 1 1/2 day BRC audit through NSF. Yesterday we had the remote audit, and it lasted 9 1/2 hrs. It was done but using Skype for the opening/closing meetings, and in between when the auditor wanted to see the facility we ended up using FaceTime.

Now today the auditor emailed and said there one whole section she didn’t get to go over well, and has more questions. So just when we thought the audit was over, it starts again tomorrow morning.

BRC will have to “wing it” until their auditors get past their first rodeo, the remote audit. Then, in 6 months we have to have the auditor come in for the GMP audit portion, facility walkthrough.

So what I realized is, this remote audit is an extension, we came out of it with a score from last year (regardless) but we have to address all findings as we normally would.

Side note, like many of you our audit was remote due to the corona virus pandemic.

Yoloooo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:34 PM

Hi guys . I have question so BRC have changed the rules to do Remote Risk Assessment.- that is taking 2 hours ... and then BRC will extended your certification for 6 months. How is that two hours looks like?

SafetyLine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:11 AM

HI, recently I saw BRCGS notice in his page that you can apply for a 6 month extension in you certificate as long as you pass a risk assessment of your third-party certifier without a remote audit.  It's an option if your policy is restrict the visits like us.

Good Luck

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users