• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:15 PM

Hello,

Our food safety training program is planned throughout the year, monthly or quarterly.

We are indefinitely delaying the large group training sessions until our state drops the small group gathering guidelines for covid-19 social distancing measures.

Has anyone else had success in an SQF audit with a food safety training program that was take-home or self-study? Any ideas of how to deal with training 85 employees and avoid the classroom/quiz format?

Thanks!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:00 PM

The best option that allows individual training to continue are webinars or online training. 

Of course you do lose the synergy of group training and the face-to-face personal touch, but it can be convenient, cost-effective and at the moment safe.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:09 PM

Remote training actually works quite well and we are doing just that with bunches of people that have been sent home - each one gets a training program by email and can then study, do the exam (by providing us with a numbered list of answers instead of having to print out the exam, filing it out, scanning it and emailing it back) and then once reviewed by us we issue the certificate to the collector (key contact at company.)

Works out well, about ready to distribute for a company with 125 employeees.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 17 March 2020 - 09:13 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

PDXSaucy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:12 PM

I create all of my own material for the employee trainings. Any recommendations for how to put them online? I was thinking a workbook that I can print for each employee would be most efficient use of my time.

Thanks!

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:42 AM

I create all of my own material for the employee trainings. Any recommendations for how to put them online? I was thinking a workbook that I can print for each employee would be most efficient use of my time.

Thanks!

Perhaps create as PowerPoint slideshows (and/or videos, audio narration if required) and share them via Dropbox/WeTransfer or similar?

Bill78

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 30 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, Family, Golf and all things BBQ

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

For the past 4 years we have used Mindflash, with is an online training platform. I create all the different courses using powerpoint and then upload them to Mindflash. Employees receive an email invitation and deadline for completion. We have found it to be highly effective and has eliminated the need and hassle of trying to get everyone together for the larger classroom type trainings. Employees can take the training at their own pace within the deadline given. Employees can take the training on their smart phones, home computers, tablets, ect. Multiple quiz/competancy formats can be used at the end of each course. Hope that helps.  :happydance:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 12 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

Remote training actually works quite well and we are doing just that with bunches of people that have been sent home - each one gets a training program by email and can then study, do the exam (by providing us with a numbered list of answers instead of having to print out the exam, filing it out, scanning it and emailing it back) and then once reviewed by us we issue the certificate to the collector (key contact at company.)

Works out well, about ready to distribute for a company with 125 employeees.

Have you ever considered using online systems which will allow for lesss manual labour (eg writing the list of correct answers, writing and recieving mail?).

Just curious, because our system doesn't allow to measure success (presentation to result in the final test).

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 12 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

Lucas... yes, we considered this, however it did not allow for getting to know peopleand building relationships.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

wondercrew

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:53 PM

For creating slideshows from the media material you prepare for the presentation I would recommend you to use this slideshow maker. Some of you'll probably think I'm an idiot but I've recently had the situation when I strongly needed it and didn't have such program installed on my desctop.

I tried it.and I prefer adobe for everything related to video/photo editing.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users