• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is scheduling a future date for an Internal Audit of a program an acceptable response for an NC?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SerenityNow!

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 7 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:41 AM

Is scheduling a future date for an Internal Audit of a program an acceptable response for a NC? We have a NC for 3.11.2 for not having conducted a test on our Recall and Withdrawal system.  Our staff is out, partly due to slow season and partly due to recent state of emergency requirements due to the coronavirus.  I have scheduled this for future review (April 2020). I am including an audit schedule in my response.  Do you feel this will be acceptable or will I need to conduct the review now?

Many Thanks!

Edited by Lisa_MG, 19 March 2020 - 08:43 AM.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:39 AM

I don't think the response is unreasonable given the circumstances, but to an extent you'll be at the mercy of the auditor's sense of pragmatism - there would be a legitimate argument that if an actual emergency arose then you would need to be able to run the recall system now/today/immediately.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,630 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:37 PM

Is scheduling a future date for an Internal Audit of a program an acceptable response for a NC? We have a NC for 3.11.2 for not having conducted a test on our Recall and Withdrawal system.  Our staff is out, partly due to slow season and partly due to recent state of emergency requirements due to the coronavirus.  I have scheduled this for future review (April 2020). I am including an audit schedule in my response.  Do you feel this will be acceptable or will I need to conduct the review now?

Many Thanks!

I understand the circumstances, however as a former SQF Auditor I doubt a future date will not be acceptable to the Auditor or reviewer.

I suggest conducting the review now and sending in your successful test documentation now.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

SerenityNow!

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member