• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:01 PM

Hello All, 

I've been going back and forth with the following figured someone could assist me.  What would be the cleaning requirements and frequency of equipment and area that processes RAW tree nuts only?  Simply dusting and sweeping with application of sanitizer?  Full blow sanitation that involves the utilization of water, agitation, and then sanitizer application?  How often? daily, weekly, monthly?  I would say the full blown sanitation would be out of the question due to the increase risk of having pathogenic organisms present  Any guidance would be very useful.  Thank you 

Raguram Tamilmani

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:26 AM

Hi erodart1,

I would tell that daily cleaning is necessary for nuts processing equipments/machines. The daily cleaning should consider as general cleaning. That means dusting, brushing, sweeping (dry cleaning) and application of sanitizer on food contact surfaces before and after each operation.

Tree nuts are quickly react with moisture and forms fungus during storage also wet cleaning will be time consuming and risk involved. Blowing compressed air will help to avoid dust accumulation and facilitate fast/effective cleaning.

Weekly or monthly cleaning would be a deep cleaning. In that equipments/machine parts will be dismantlement for effective cleaning with wet or chemical cleaning.

For the frequency of cleaning, kindly do risk analysis of product used, frequency of product changeover, product condition (wet/dry/high moisture).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users