• Quick Navigation
Photo

What Manual Should we Have for Catering Factory (RTE Frozen Food)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

awana12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:54 AM

Hi all,

I am newbie here would like all advise from you all what Manual Should Catering Company Have.

Our Investor are interested to build a frozen catering company in the future.

What should we prepare, in terms of as a whole company.

Appreciate your advice.

tq

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:25 PM

Hi,

I saw that your question was unanswered now for quite some time, so here is my best shot.

I was in a similar position, implementing IFS for a manufacturer, so not such a different position.

What I did was asking the control body first, what they did was giving me an indepht phone interview, (what we do, how we do it, what kind of machinery and so on), then they told us which exact standard to apply.

Since there are a number of ressources available, you could just decide on the standard (FSSC, IFS, BRC and so on, try and find out what the costumers want and do that, I personally like the FSSC if there are no preferences).

After that you can check the store again, you will have far better information at hand, to choose the right manual.

I hope that is of some help for you.

Edited by Lucas H, 03 April 2020 - 05:26 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:42 PM

Hi all,

I am newbie here would like all advise from you all what Manual Should Catering Company Have.

Appreciate your advice.

tq

Hi awana,

Do you mean a manual  relating to  Manufacturing Methods or FS Standards or  Catering handling/distribution flowcharts or  ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

awana12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:36 AM

Hi awana,

Do you mean a manual  relating to  Manufacturing Methods or FS Standards or  Catering handling/distribution flowcharts or  ?

Yes what manual should I have for food safety is it

1. HACCP Manual

2. Work Instruction

3. Standard Operating Procedure

what else should i have for manual in factory

awana12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

I saw that your question was unanswered now for quite some time, so here is my best shot.

I was in a similar position, implementing IFS for a manufacturer, so not such a different position.

What I did was asking the control body first, what they did was giving me an indepht phone interview, (what we do, how we do it, what kind of machinery and so on), then they told us which exact standard to apply.

Since there are a number of ressources available, you could just decide on the standard (FSSC, IFS, BRC and so on, try and find out what the costumers want and do that, I personally like the FSSC if there are no preferences).

After that you can check the store again, you will have far better information at hand, to choose the right manual.

I hope that is of some help for you.

We are a small catering company which are currently aim to HACCP first before going further.

Currently I'm thinking about just to do:

HACCP Manual, Work Instruction and SOP manual. Is there any manual or documentation that I missed?

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:06 PM

We are a small catering company which are currently aim to HACCP first before going further.

HACCP Manual, Work Instruction and SOP manual. Is there any manual or documentation that I missed?

Hi,

have you already checked this one?

https://www.ifsqn.co...-business-fsms/

I have no idea of this is the right one, because first of all I haven't done small companies for a very long time, and secondly I am not that firm with (probably US?) legislation.

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:22 PM

Hi,

have you already checked this one?

https://www.ifsqn.co...-business-fsms/

I have no idea of this is the right one, because first of all I haven't done small companies for a very long time, and secondly I am not that firm with (probably US?) legislation.

Please make sure it is what you are looking for before you buy it, I have not enough information about you situation to give any advice.

Also I just saw that you are from australia, sorry about that.

Edited by Lucas H, 07 April 2020 - 07:23 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:25 PM

Hi all,

Appreciate your advice.

tq

Regarding HACCP aspect, this document may be of interest -

Attached File  FDA Manual for HACCP in Food Service and Retail Establishments.pdf   555.5KB   29 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:31 AM

Also this might bei of interest.

https://www.legislat...ies/F2008B00576

awana12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:01 AM

Thank you for all your support I will try to check the document given. Also, I'm a newbie in food safety industry so there is a lot I need to learn, but I think the biggest challenge is the worker or people. I think we can have a nice manual but if the workers cannot follow simple hand washing technique it said a lot about the company. This Covid-19 is blessing and a curse, right now my worker are scared and the aware of the personal hygiene importance. But dont know when will this awareness last. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users