Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:00 PM

Did anyone read "food safety culture" by Frank Yiannas, would you recomment it?

I want more information on that topic, of course I watched webinar, but I think I could do with more information.

Thank you,

Lucas

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:01 PM

Hi Lucas,

The below site provides access to read or download a publication, unsure if it is the one you mean? Anyway, I've had a flick through it and it looks well written and relatively interesting. I'm also quite interested in the behavioural psychology side of a 'good food safety culture' and will give the full thing a read once free time is a luxury again after the state of things currently :sofa1:

If you don't read it before me I'll give some feedback on this and any other interesting reads on the topic.

https://www.academia...and_Food_Safety

Thanked by 2 Members:

ebb30

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

I haven't read it, and was going to suggest your source it through your library to see if it's worth purchasing, but I don't know if they would have an e version. 

I did read Food Safety = Behavior by Frank Yiannas and liked it. There were a lot of things I could never use in the manufacturing environment I was working in, but it was still an interesting read, and some things I was able to incorporate into training. It was a fun read, if you're looking to read up on food safety culture.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:12 PM

Yes I wanted to read it as a preparation for our next development  meeting, but since every stratigic workshop is postponed now, I guess I have enough time to read it.

Maybe there is something I can take away.

Thank you very much for the input.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Literature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users