• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:04 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site. I have been using the forums for some information for a few months now and have found this community to be very beneficial. 

I have a question regarding labeling on food service boxes that we send to restaurants. We make frozen foods and I am just trying to figure out what the minimum requirements for labeling are. I've been trying to wade through the FDA site and their guidelines. Just wondering if someone here had a quick list readily available.

Thanks!

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:53 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site. I have been using the forums for some information for a few months now and have found this community to be very beneficial. 

I have a question regarding labeling on food service boxes that we send to restaurants. We make frozen foods and I am just trying to figure out what the minimum requirements for labeling are. I've been trying to wade through the FDA site and their guidelines. Just wondering if someone here had a quick list readily available.

Thanks!

You need the ingredients in order by weight. The amount in the package. You are not required to put a nutritional facts on the label.

For ingredients - if there is an allergen. Those same rules apply.

https://www.fda.gov/.../81606/download

Thanked by 1 Member:

Faith S

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Zimbabwe
    Zimbabwe

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:45 PM

I think you also need to include storage instructions for your frozen foods on your label.

Regards,

Faith.

Thanked by 1 Member:

sqflady

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 250 posts
  • 63 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

Please keep in mind that if your customer is a restaurant or foodservice, they have to post nutritional information on their menus.  You may wish to refer to the FDA Food Code.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users