• Quick Navigation
Photo

Pesticides Monitoring when having problems getting the pesticide logs.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Arturo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:31 PM

Gents,

We monitor pesticides in raw material by analyzing a sample for pesticides. We still do, but during the season, we use more pesticide testing on the idea that if it came wrong, then we ban the grower. Now we ask for the pesticide logs, but we are always struggling to get them (much easier it is to analyze again). 

The issue is: If we re-teste for pesticides (let's say) a month after the initial and it comes bad; Then we need to put all the month of finish goods on Hold? 

Would it be "valid" to test for pesticides and, depending on the results, continue or stop the grower without having to go back to the first pesticide (or right pesticide) result? 

What is your standard practice? 

Thanks, Arturo. 

Agroetika

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

Gents,

We monitor pesticides in raw material by analyzing a sample for pesticides. We still do, but during the season, we use more pesticide testing on the idea that if it came wrong, then we ban the grower. Now we ask for the pesticide logs, but we are always struggling to get them (much easier it is to analyze again). 

The issue is: If we re-teste for pesticides (let's say) a month after the initial and it comes bad; Then we need to put all the month of finish goods on Hold? 

Would it be "valid" to test for pesticides and, depending on the results, continue or stop the grower without having to go back to the first pesticide (or right pesticide) result? 

What is your standard practice? 

Thanks, Arturo. 

Hola Arturo,

acabo de leer tu mensaje y queria comentarte que estamos realizando un estudio de investigación para la FDA referente a la reducción de pesticidas en chiles secos, no se cual es tu producto pero es un avance importante y puede que también te pueda servir a ti. Saludos...!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:08 PM

Hola Arturo,

acabo de leer tu mensaje y queria comentarte que estamos realizando un estudio de investigación para la FDA referente a la reducción de pesticidas en chiles secos, no se cual es tu producto pero es un avance importante y puede que también te pueda servir a ti. Saludos...!

Hi Agroetika,

Please provide an English Translation to enlighten the Forum.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Agroetika

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:15 PM

Please provide an English Translation to enlighten the Forum.

Hola Arturo,

Hi Arturo,
I just read your message and I want to tell you that we are doing a research project about pesticides reduction on dry chilies for FDA, I don’t know what product you work on but it’s a good start and probably it could works for you. Regards..!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:19 AM

Hola Arturo,

Hi Arturo,
I just read your message and I want to tell you that we are doing a research project about pesticides reduction on dry chilies for FDA, I don’t know what product you work on but it’s a good start and probably it could works for you. Regards..!

Hi Agroetika,

Thks for translation.

Edited by Charles.C, 14 October 2020 - 07:32 AM.
Corrected, apologies misinterpretation,thks

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Arturo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:14 PM

Agroetika, 

Thanks, for the reply. Yes we process peppers (IQF).

We do not need to reduce pesticides in the process, we need just to monitor them. 

My question is more in regards to a GMP, if I find a positive (no bueno) result, how far back do I need to re-test. 

The last positive is the correct answer I assume but that would lead us to test every lot! Just curious. 

Thanks, Arturo. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:41 AM

Agroetika, 

Thanks, for the reply. Yes we process peppers (IQF).

We do not need to reduce pesticides in the process, we need just to monitor them. 

My question is more in regards to a GMP, if I find a positive (no bueno) result, how far back do I need to re-test. 

The last positive is the correct answer I assume but that would lead us to test every lot! Just curious. 

Thanks, Arturo. 

Logic suggests to test back to previous sampling/result (assuming that result was considered "reliable") ?

Any sampling/testing  is typically associated with some confidence level for the result unless 100% is analysed.. The actual choice of sampling rigor often tends to be subjective, eg compromise between theory and practical logistics.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Agroetika

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 14 October 2020 - 02:08 PM

Logic suggests to test back to previous sampling/result (assuming that result was considered "reliable") ?

Any sampling/testing  is typically associated with some confidence level for the result unless 100% is analysed.. The actual choice of sampling rigor often tends to be subjective, eg compromise between theory and practical logistics.

Arturo, I don't have a proper suggestion because I am not your direct client QA, and honestly speaking an out of range pesticides COA is an alarm about GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) or well probably something else in case you got it from a middle people.

Let me tell you that I work only dry chilies and that differ from fresh produce (IQF) but there is no dialogue in my case with client because they sampling, testing in 3rd party accredited Lab and finally release the lot according to COA results, I have no chance more than accomplish requirements or reprocessing till reduce pesticides contamination.

Anyhow let me Congratulate you if you are able to buy IQF peppers with Pesticides MRL in acceptable range, 98% of our purchases on dry chilies are high far or range.

Arturo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 14 October 2020 - 04:19 PM

Charles,
Yes, the subjective is the challenge. We sample randomly two times per season per grower per product, so far we are OK; we plan to increase it maybe to 3 times; I just wanted to know other practices or what to do on a positive. (Thanks for the post)

Agroetika,
We only buy from GAP growers that also export to the USA; unfortunate, the local production of chili peppers in México (non-export) is high on pesticides, as you describe. (Thanks for the replay)

Regards, Arturo. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users