• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 25 April 2020 - 08:50 AM

Hi all,

I have been contemplating about doing HACCP Level 4 certification for quite some time now. While I don't see any disadvantages in this, the advantage that I see in it is it has no certification expiry and not change in version, unlike the ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 standards and certifications.

Apart from getting the knowledge on how a robust HACCP system should be, are there any other advantages and disadvantages of HACCP Level 4 certification?

If you could let me know what is the scope of HACCP Level 4 and what is the way forward after that, I would be grateful to you. Please guide me.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:48 AM

Do you have a link for the course(s) at which you're looking?
There seems to be some regional variation in HACCP training/certification levels.

Depending on how the course is delivered, you may find it beneficial to have an opportunity to talk through HACCP-related ideas with other people outside your existing HACCP team - this can be potentially be very beneficial. If the course is a small group you may end up spending a lot of time talking about elements of each others' plans and may well come back with some ideas to improve yours, simply from having a different selection of experience available. 

I don't really see a disadvantage to it!

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

Is HACCP level 4 GFSI recognized? Because, from my experience the potential customers've always been looking for GFSI certification as a proof that our Food Safety Management system was under proper control.

Ian R

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 121 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:22 PM

Hi

HACCP level 4 is a qualification not a GFSI standard.

In the UK the HACCP level 4 qualification is regulated by Ofqual

it is part of the regulated qualification framework (RQF)

If you visit the Highfield Qualifications website you can find the HACCP qualifications and you can see the qualification specification

I have attached a fact sheet

The course is normally delivered over 5 days, for the UK the regulator has suggested 30 guided learning hours, i.e. course time

but under some systems you can use relevant prior learning to reduce the total time of the course

the assessment (exam) needs to be administered by an accredited training centre in order to achieve the qualification

regards

Attached Files

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users