• Quick Navigation
Photo

Can anyone provide an example audit for a call center/customer care center?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

scaime

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:53 PM

Hi, Colleagues.

I'm looking for guidance on how to audit a service provider such as a call center that will manage my customer complaints, inquiries etc.  
I'm only familiar with brick and mortar GMP-type audits.  Can anyone provide an example audit for a call center/customer care center?

Thanks.

Susan

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Sounds like you might be pioneering this approach. EXCITING!

What type of training do they undergo? How does their place in the complaint process relate to food safety?

Thanked by 1 Member:

scaime

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for your reply.  In this digital age of purchasing meals and grocery foods online, it seems rather intuitive that this must be an activity that pre-exists, but perhaps you are right and I am pioneering this!

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:38 AM

Have you asked them how they audit/monitor their own performance? I think that's where I'd start.
Having had the misfortune to work in a call centre as an undergrad, my experience was that pretty much everything was measured and recorded. It's useful if you ever want to know how many standard deviations you are from the mean time taken to visit the bathroom, for example (wish I was joking), or whether it took you more or less time than expected from entering the building to signing in at your workstation. Obviously there is also a great deal of less facetious data tracked on call performance, resolution/success rates, random live monitoring of calls etc, much of which is captured automatically.

It might provide some ideas as to where to start, and with your more general auditing experience you may spot some gaps or areas where they can improve their own monitoring and do more of your work for you, whilst improving themselves.

Thanked by 1 Member:

scaime

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

Ah, measuring and recording. Reminiscent of my first days in industry a zillion years ago when I had to click a time clock.

I do have internal auditing as a function of my assessment.

Thanks for your input, pHruit.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users